This is one of those go-to recipes, works every time, always tastes great, and is super easy. Really…a stand by in our house. It’s my husband’s mothers -tried and true. Its got a nice crusty top and a moist delicious inside -all that a banana bread should be.
If you should ever have a week where a banana doesn’t get eaten in that small, not green and not spotty yet window, then this is for you. Rarely do three bananas get ignored to the point that they are over ripe, but occasional, and if so you’re in business. If you just have one, or two, or even one and half -little kids eat half bananas sometimes…throw them in the freezer. I put them in a ziplock, I chuck them in peel and all! When you’ve got your three, thaw them out, peel them and your ready to bake!
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 butter -melted
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Mix bananas, sugar, egg, and melted butter until well blended in stand mixer.
- Add flour, salt and soda. Blend until all incorporated, being careful not to over mix.
- Spray a loaf pan with non-stick spray and add batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes, until a tooth pick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
So easy, so yummy. My favourite way to have it is warm, with a little butter and cheddar cheese. The sweet with the cheese is so good, trust me you have to try this combination.
Looks like another rainy weekend, so just stay home and bake some banana bread. With this bread warm from the oven, life really is a party!