My friend Kendra was telling me about these after Halloween cookies that she makes every year, and invited me over yesterday to see how she does it, and do a little sampling. 😉 Around this time of year, when you know you’re about to start getting Christmas candy, and it’s time to put away the last remnants of fall, here’s how to use up the last of the Halloween chocolate. Chop it all up and make these oh so yummy cookies. I seriously ate about 3 while we were photographing them. You can use what ever you have, the caramel ones do stick to the pan a little but they’re so good it’s worth it. The extra special thing about these cookies is that every cookie, and even every bit is different, since you just use what ever chocolate you have left. So good…did I say that already? And those different bites of caramel, chocolate, smarties, peanut butter, and nuts, makes these cookies special enough for Christmas. 😉
Left Over Halloween Candy Cookies
- 2/3 cup margarine
- 2/3 cup butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-2 cups cut up chocolate candy, crumbs and all 😉
1. Cream together margarine, butter, white sugar, and brown sugar. Add eggs and vanilla.
2. Add dry ingredients and stir to combine.
3. Chop up assorted chocolate Halloween candy and mix in.
4. Drop spoonfuls onto baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 min.
With cookies this yummy, life really is a party -maybe make a double patch so it’s not a short party. 😉