We have a Christmas Eve tradition at our house, of getting new pj’s and leaving cookies for Santa. I’m sure you might have the same tradition too. This year I tired a new Christmas cookie, and they are delicious and pretty quick to make too. They’re Chocolate Macaroons (not to be confused with the French Macrons -these are the coconut cookies). I decided to give this family favourite a little Christmas make-over, and added a few little things to turn them into reindeer cookies.
- 3 cups instant rolled oats
- 6 tbsp cocoa
- 1 cup sweetened coconut
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- chocolate covered pretzels, cut in half for antlers
- chopped candied cherries for noses
- white chocolate chips for eyes
- Combine the rolled oats, cocoa, coconut, and salt in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Lay out a large piece of parchment paper on a counter or table, for later.
- Combine the sugar, vegetable shortening, and milk in a saucepan, and heat over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, and boil for one minute only.
- Add vanilla to mixture, then stir in the dry ingredients from earlier. Combine well, and then quickly drop by spoonful onto parchment paper. Working quickly before the cookies set, decorate with the chocolate covered pretzels for antlers, candied cherry piece for a nose, and white chocolate chips for eyes. Leave for a few hours to set, and then enjoy!
We always leave Santa a little treat on Christmas Eve, and I always make sure to get my girls a new pair of pj’s to wear on Christmas Eve too. This year I ordered the sweetest, personalized pyjamas from Stuck On You.
These pyjamas are made from the softest cotton, and the little, striped, draw string bottoms look so cozy and comfy. You can choose the colour your child will love, add their name in your choice of script and choose a beautiful picture for the front. There are so many cute ones, it’s hard to choose.
While I was ordering the pj’s I also spotted another perfect gift for my girls. We’re planning a special trip this winter to Disney, and I thought these personalized travel bags and labelled travel sized bottles would be perfect. These would be great for sleepovers, family trips or spring break.
I always struggle to find travel size bottles, and then get them labelled, so I know these will be perfect. I also love the little hook on the top, making them easy to hang on bathroom door. I think the girls will feel very grown-up with their own travel bags, and the labels will make it easy to keep each persons belongings straight.
We’ll have some special treats under the Christmas tree from Stuck On You this Christmas, and you might too!
Stuck On You is offering two lucky Life is a Party readers a $25 gift voucher! Merry Christmas and good luck. 😉 With pretty products like this under your tree this year, life really is a party.
a Rafflecopter giveaway