When I was a little girl my Mom used to occasionally make my Dad, Banana Cream Pie, for a treat. It was one of his favourites. My parents are divorced, and I very rarely get to see my Dad, since he lives on the other side of the country, but making this pie made me think of him. It was a hit with my youngest daughter too, who loves bananas. It is super easy to make.
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 pkg. banana pudding -instant or cooked prepared according to the package directions
- 2 bananas
- small container of whip cream
- 3 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs and 3 tbsp of sugar in a pie plate. Stir in the melted butter, and then smooth the mixture in the bottom of the pie plate and up the sides to form a pie crust. Bake at 350 for about 8 min. Let cool.
- Prepare the banana pudding according to the package instructions and pour into the cooled pie crust.
- Slice the bananas and layer slices on top of the pudding mixture.
- Whip the cream, and just before fully whipped add 3 tsp sugar, and vanilla. Top the pie with whipped cream. Let set in the fridge for several hours before slicing.
Make this dessert in the morning on a weekend and put it in the fridge to set. Then, impress your friends with home made pie for dessert -how easy it is to make will be our little secret. 😉
With an easy sweet treat like this, life really is a party!