This is my sister-in-laws recipe, and it’s worth the effort. I also thought it would be the perfect Father’s Day gift, especially say wrapped up with a nice steak? Perfect.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup lager-style beer
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon hotdog mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- In a medium sauce pan, melt butter, and saute onion and garlic over medium heat until softened, about 3 min.
- Add the remaining ingredients, stir well, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for about 30 min. until thickened. Cool sauce when it's done cooking and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
This sauce is sweet and tangy. The beer and molasses make it rich, tangy, delicious. This will keep for awhile in the fridge, delicious with steak, chicken, ribs…all the regular suspects.
With homemade bbq sauce for Father’s Day, life really is a party!