Peach season is almost here, and these Peach Almond Crumble Muffins are a great thing to make with fresh peaches.
In fact, it’s a recipe I tried one year when I had too many peaches. But then one day, it wasn’t peach season and I wanted a muffin and I remembered these. I had the great idea to try making them with canned peaches. And they were still amazing -hooray (and quicker to make too). So if you have some juicy delicious fresh peaches to use up….or you don’t, you should make these amazing muffins.
I usually make a double batch and freeze half for another day.
- 2 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup diced peaches (fresh with skin removed or canned)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- In one bowl combine dry ingredients of flour, baking soda and salt and whisk to remove any lumps.
- In another bowl, combine brown sugar, yogurt, oil, eggs, and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir to combine. Add in peaches and continue gently stirring until well combined, making sure not to over mix.
- To make the Almond Crumble Topping, combine in another bowl the brown sugar, almonds, and cinnamon and stir to mix. Add in the oil and stir until crumbly.
- Line muffin tin and fill each about 2/3's full. Top with about 1 tbsp. of crumble mixture.
- Bake at 350 degree F for 20-25 mins. until muffins are firm to the touch and golden brown on top. Makes 18 muffins.
These are perfect for summer days with the kids, when you need a little something to pack for a snack at the beach or park.
With homemade Peach Almond Crumble Muffins, life really is a party!
This post is linked up at Motivational Monday.