I’m not really a pet person. This is not my dog, it’s my doggie nephew…yes my sister treats him like her fur-baby. She’s one of those people. He goes just about every where that she goes, so when she came to visit last week, Mylo came too. But he did earn his keep this time.
I’ve had a little mouse problem, and despite the usual attempts to get rid of it, the mouse was still around. Until the day Mylo visited last week, and helped me out with my little problem. Who needs a cat, a wee doggie will do.
My daughter Maddie loves Mylo. She buys him presents, makes him cards, and visits him every chance she gets. She made him some dog treats for Christmas, and since he was such a good little visitor this week, I was on-board with making him a special Valentine treat to say thank you.
These dog treats are just right for little dogs, small enough to give them a few when they need a little encouragement, and cut into mini-hearts they couldn’t be more perfect for showing your little dog some love this Valentine’s Day.
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup instant rolled oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Combine peanut butter, honey, oil, and chicken broth in a bowl and stir to combine well.
- Add oats, and flours and stir to form into a dough.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface to 1/4' thickness, and cut with small heart cookie cutters.
- Bake at 350 for 7-8 min until golden brown.
Recipe adapted from A Cozy Kitchen.
We packaged ours up for Mylo in a cute cello bag, with a pretty tag.
With some home made treats for your little doggie this Valentine’s Day, life really is a party.