This Caramel Pumpkin Butter only has 3 ingredients -so it’s easy to make and so, so yummy! It’s the perfect taste of fall. It would be delicious on fresh bread or toast, or a muffin. It’s especially good though to bring the flavours of fall to s’mores!
This Caramel Pumpkin Butter would also make a lovely gift -think of a little mason jar of this at each place setting for Thanksgiving or a fall dinner party.
- 1/2 cup dulce de leche
- 1/4 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- To make this caramel pumpkin butter, I began by roasting a pumpkin. I cut a pie pumpkin in half, scraped out the seeds, and laid it in a baking dish. I baked the pumpkin at 350 degrees for about 20-25 min. until it was soft and tender when pierced with the tip of a knife. I let it cool slightly, then scraped the cooked pumpkin out of the skin and pureed it in a food processor until it was completely smooth. You could also purchase canned pumpkin and skip this step, whatever you prefer.
- Combine 1/4 cup of the pumpkin puree with the dulce de leche, and the pumpkin pie spice in a small sauce pan. Cook over high heat, stirring the whole time until the mixture has thickened to a butter like consistency. Remember it will thicken slightly more as it cools.
- Store in a mason jar in the fridge, and enjoy.
We used our Caramel Pumpkin Butter to make fall flavoured s’mores -you might have noticed them set up on the table for our fall home tour.
I set up a sweet little s’mores buffet for us, with graham crackers, marshmallows, chocolate, and our caramel pumpkin butter.
It was fun to add in a few fall elements too, like lots of pumpkins.
And, we offered a few different kids of chocolate too.
But my favourite part was the caramel pumpkin butter.
We roasted our marshmallows over non-scented candles.
(There’s some debate over the whole candle roasting thing…I figure non-scented candles are fine, soy based even better, others like to use pure beeswax. If you have any concerns you could certainly do this whole setup outside and use a real campfire. Use your own judgement and do whatever you’re most comfortable with.)
Make your s’mores just like regular ones, with the addition of the caramel pumpkin butter.
Yum! I highly recommend making yourself a little batch of this…perhaps over the long weekend.
With easy homemade Caramel Pumpkin Butter, life really is a party!