These cookies are chewy, use large flake oats, and have a little almond extract in them, making them not your average oatmeal cookie.
I first tried them at a meeting, and found myself thinking about them the next day…which sounds hilarious, and I promise is not one of my normal past times. They were just different…memorable…special. So I asked my friend Dawn for the recipe and tried my first batch today.
I made them for a get together tonight…and I’m having a hard time to stop eating them all this afternoon.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups large flake oats
- (1/2 cup raisins or chocolate chips -optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter and brown sugar together, until fluffy.
- Add egg, and almond extract and beat well.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, flour, and oats. Stir to combine fully.
- (Optional -add in chocolate chips or raisins, if adding raisins, coat in a little of the flour before adding.)
- Spoon by tbsp onto cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick baking spray, and flatten with a wet fork. Bake for 8-10 min. until golden brown. Makes 2 - 2 1/2 doz.
The only major change I would make next time I make them, is to make a double batch. 😉
With homemade Oatmeal Cookies, life really is a party!