I love a good slow cooker recipe, especially on gymnastics night when we’re all in a rush around here, getting home from after school gymnastic practise right at dinner time. This slow cooker Beef Stroganoff is a real favourite. My kids love it, and I do too. It’s delicious and super easy.
This Beef Stroganoff cooks all day in the slow cooker. When we get home we make some yummy egg noodles to go with it and a veggie -green beans are a favourite of ours. Just before serving we stir in some delicious and oh so creamy Gay Lea Gold Premium Sour Cream (nut-free and certified Kosher).
- 1 lb top round beef steak (cut into bite size strips)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 8oz package of mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 4 tsp grainy dijion mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 of a 425 ml container of Gay Lea Gold Premium Sour Cream
- Fresh chopped parsley for serving (optional)
- Egg Noodles
- In a small bowl combine the flour and beef broth slowly, and combine with a whisk to remove any lumps.
- Add the flour and beef broth to the slow cooker, along with the beef, onions, mushrooms, dried parsley, mustard, salt, pepper, and garlic and stir to combine.
- Cook on high for the first hour, then switch to low for 7 hours, or until the beef is tender.
- When it's finished, turn off the slow cooker, let stand 10 min, and then stir in the Gay Lea Gold Premium Sour Cream, and the fresh parsley.
- Serve over noodles.
You will definitely want to add this easy slower cooker recipe to your repertoire. It’s made with all fresh ingredients (no canned soups in this one), it’s quick to put together for a busy weeknight, and perfect comfort food for cold winter nights.
With Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff, life really is a party!
Disclosure: I am part of the Gay Lea Ambassador Campaign and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.