It’s the first weekend of fall, but it’s so hot outside that it feels like the height of summer! What do you do on a fall day that’s 30 degrees outside (86 for my American friends)? You make Pumpkin Spice Milkshakes to enjoy the flavours of fall and beat the heat. 😉
We made ours into Extreme Shakes by adding lots of fun toppings and turning them into a full dessert!
We added sprinkles, maple donuts, candy, whipped cream, and maple cookies to ours and they were so good!
- 4 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Optional toppings: melted chocolate, sprinkles, chopped M &Ms, maple or pumpkin donut, whipped cream, orange rock candy, maple cookie
- Melt chocolate chips and dip the rim of the glass into it. Add sprinkles and chopped M & Ms to the rim, and allow to harden.
- In a blender combine ice cream, milk, pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, and sugar. Blend until completely smooth. Pour into chocolate rimmed glass.
- Add whipped cream and other optional toppings on top. Enjoy!
Just for fun we added in some printed straws for the season too.
With homemade Pumpkin Spice Milkshakes, life really is a party!