Home Made Caramel Corn Recipe
Homemade Caramel Corn Recipe: Easy make at home caramel corn, so good, better than store bought, perfect for gift giving.
It’s the final day, Day Five of Christmas Treats Week. And today we’re making Homemade Caramel Corn. It’s been so much fun making lots of sweet treats for the holidays. And, my family and friends sure are enjoying eating them all. Check them all out at the bottom of this post.
This was my first time making this recipe -and it’s amazing! Like I can’t stop eating it amazing. I happened to mention to my friend Leanne last week that I was looking for a caramel corn recipe. She said she had one, and that people she’d given the caramel corn to in the past keep asking her and asking her to make it for them again. Always a good sign. And now I know why they keep asking for it, it’s so good.
Get Our Free Easy Favourites Cookbook
We've collected some of our very favourite recipes that are easy to make and put them together in a mini cookbook. Get it free for a limited time!
Get Our Free Christmas Cookbook
We've collected some of our very favourite Christmas recipes and put them together in a mini cookbook. Get it free for a limited time!
One of my very favourite things to get at Disney World is the amazing Caramel Corn at Epcot, from the Weuther’s Bake Shop. After I made this caramel corn, I told my husband we don’t have to go to Disney World anymore. Then he looked sad, so I revised it to, we can satisfy our Disney World Caramel Corn cravings in between trips. 😉
This caramel corn is quite easy to make, it just takes awhile. I promise it’s worth it though.
Homemade Caramel Corn Recipe
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup un-popped corn kernels -popped
- Start by popping your popcorn, and removing any un-popped kernels. Set aside.
- In a large pot, melt your butter and stir in the sugar, corn syrup and salt.
- Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly, and boil for 5 min. without stirring.
- Take off the heat and stir in the vanilla and baking soda. Take care, it will foam up when the baking soda is added.
- Stir in the popcorn and stir until the popcorn is completely covered.
- Turn out the caramel corn onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake at 250 for 75 min. stirring every 15 min.
- Continue to stir and break up the popcorn clusters as it cools after baking.
- Store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 457Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 578mgCarbohydrates: 65gFiber: 0gSugar: 62gProtein: 1g
I think this caramel corn would also be great with some nuts stirred in with the popcorn. Yum.
This sweet treat is perfect for gift giving. I’ve packaged it up into cute little take-out boxes, it would also be great in cello bags.
Be sure to store it in an airtight container. But, it probably won’t last too long.
With this Homemade Caramel Corn, life really is a party!
Check out all these other posts from our Christmas Treat Week:
Pecan Butter Crunch recipe here.
Creamy Caramels and Chocolate Salted Caramels recipe here.
Homemade Caramel Apples recipe here.
Homemade Coffee Marshmallows recipe here.