Easy Dirt Pudding Recipe without Cream Cheese: only a few ingredients, plus fresh mint, chocolate rocks and spoon labels.
This Oreo dirt pudding recipe without cream cheese is yummy and very easy to make. It only has three real ingredients, although the addition of fresh mint and chocolate rocks is a fun one. Kids and adults alike both love it. This is sure to be one of your new favorite dessert recipes.
This no bake dessert is really quick to make, but presented as little plants, it’s a real stunner, and beautiful enough for a party. We made ours for Earth day, but they’re great for any garden themed celebration.
Oreo Dirt Pudding Recipe without Cream Cheese
Some recipes call for the addition of cream cheese or cool whip. But our Oreo dirt pudding recipe is much simpler. This is the easiest way to make it and it’s totally delicious.
These little dirt cups are so much fun. You can make one large dirt pudding in a trifle bowl, but I think they’re more cute when each one is in a separate bowl. Some people even make them look like real flower pots, by putting each one in an individual real clay pot. I think clear cups work really well though, because you can see the Oreo pudding cake better.
We added some cute details to our Oreo dirt pudding cups as the top layer. The chocolate rocks are from the bulk food store. They’re candy covered chocolate, and not only do they look great, but they’re delicious too and add a great crunch. We also added sprigs of fresh mint to make it look as though they were growing in the dirt. Mint is a great choice for this as it’s edible, and many love chocolate mint flavor.
One last detail was to use wooden spoons and make them look like plant labels. I used a sharpie marker to write the word “mint” on the handle of the wood spoons, and then we pushed them into the pudding so that they looked like plant labels in a pot.
If you are making these for kids, you can also add in some gummy worms. We wanted ours to look more realistic so we skipped these for our dirt dessert recipe, but they’re a fun addition. If you’re making an Easter dirt cake, you can add some peeps as a fun addition.
- 1 pkg instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- 225 gram bag of mini oreos
- chocolate rocks (optional)
- fresh mint sprigs (optional)
- Start by mixing the chocolate instant pudding mix according to the package instructions, with 2 cups of cold milk using a hand mixer or stand mixer.
- Use a rolling pin or food processor to crush the Oreos into Oreo crumbs.
- In a large bowl, mix the pudding with half of the bag of Oreo cookie crumbs and stir to combine fully.
- To make the Oreo dirt cups, divide the pudding mixture evenly between 4 individual cups.
- Next, on top of the pudding layer, add the remaining crushed Oreos, divided evenly between the dirt pudding cups.
- Decorate your adorable dirt cups with some chocolate rocks on top of the layer of Oreos. Add in a sprig of mint, as though it's growing out of the dirt. Use a wood spoon, with "mint" written on it and add to the Oreo dirt dessert as a plant label.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 123Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 172mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 6g
Store this easy dessert in the fridge, covered in plastic wrap. These are sure to be a family favorite. The creamy pudding combined with the crunchy Oreos makes such a delicious dessert. For large family gatherings or a special occasion feel free to double the recipe. Any Oreo lovers will adore this yummy dessert.
With this Oreo dirt pudding recipe without cream cheese that is so easy and delicious, life really is a party!
You might also like our Easy Chocolate Trifle recipe here.
Also check out our Chocolate Charcuterie Board here.
You might also like Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies here.