Breakfast in Bed Gift Basket: perfect, thoughtful gift, includes a recipe and homemade mix for pancakes, and free printable.
This time of year we’re all looking for thoughtful, easy gifts for the holidays and this one is PERFECT. A bottle of wine is great, flowers are sweet, but I really love to give something that is practical, but still special and thoughtful and more personal. Everyone would love a gorgeous breakfast in bed gift basket like this one. This basket would be great as a teacher gift, or to bring as a hostess gift during the holidays. I love the idea of writing on the card for the host of a dinner party “You made dinner, so I took care of breakfast.”
I made up my little basket with some homemade pancake mix, maple syrup -has to be the real stuff too, Starbucks Holiday Blend ground coffee, a scented candle, and some pastries from my favourite local bakery. The pretty wire basket is lined with a napkin, and piled in all the treats.
Get Our Free Christmas Cookbook
We've collected some of our very favourite Christmas recipes and but them together in a mini cookbook. Get it free for a limited time!
Homemade Pancake Mix
The homemade pancake mix is really simple to make, and so, so yummy. Seriously I grew up on store-bought pancake mix. Then my husband started making pancakes from scratch. They are amazing. They are so worth the tiny bit of effort. I promise that once you’ve tried these, you’ll never go back.
For gift giving, just combine the dry ingredients, put them in a pretty container and attach the pretty free printable with the rest of the directions.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk (optional: substitute buttermilk for regular milk)
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Whisk all the dry ingredients together in a bowl, and then pour into a pretty container for gift giving, and be sure to attach the rest of the ingredients and instructions with our free printable.
- If you're making them for yourself, combine the wet ingredients in another bowl. Stir dry and wet together until just combined, be careful not to over mix. Cook on a hot, greased griddle or frying pan until golden brown -flipping sides once little bubbles begin to appear. Enjoy!
I’ve packaged my pancake mix up in a pretty vintage mason jar -but any jar would work great. Then just print the directions here, and attach to the jar for gift giving.
For Christmas giving, tuck a little greenery and some berries into a bow, and add it to your basket.
With a sweet Breakfast in Bed Gift Basket like this for holiday gift giving, life really is a party!
You might also like our Christmas Hostess Gift Ideas here.
Also check out our Printable Christmas Gift Card Holders here.
You might also enjoy our Holiday Hostess Wine and Cheese Gift Basket here.