Easy Apple Dumplings Recipe: use pre-made frozen pastry to put this classic apple dumplings recipe together in no time. Quick and delicious.
This easy apple dumplings recipe is an old family favourite around here, especially in the fall when fresh Ontario apples are at their peak. If you’re looking for something a bit different from regular old pie, and a whole lot easier this is the perfect recipe for your Thanksgiving dinner this year.
I partnered with Giant Tiger to create this recipe and I know you’ll love it. Giant Tiger is the perfect one stop shop, with everything to create a beautiful Thanksgiving Table, like the one we put together here, and all the delicious ingredients to make dinner, including fresh ingredients like the apples.
This is an old family recipe, that my mom and my mom’s mom used to make. They always made the pie pastry from scratch, but my version makes it really quick and easy. Using frozen pastry makes this a quick and easy recipe to put together anytime.
These are always well received, and would make a really delicious addition to any fall dinner.
They’re best served warm, and I like to add a little scoop of vanilla ice cream. If you’re making them ahead of time, just re-heat before serving -easy peasy.
- 2 frozen pie shell, defrosted -or make your own 😉
- 3 Macintosh Apples, peeled and quartered to make 12 pieces
- 2 cups white sugar
- 6 tbsp flour
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 cups boiling water
- sprinkling of cinnamon and nutmeg
- Peel the apples and cut into quarters, removing the core.
- Cut the pie dough into wedges and wrap each of the 12 pieces of apple in pie dough, trying not to overlap the dough, but making sure the apple is completely covered.
- Mix sugar, flour, and salt in a casserole baking dish. Add butter. Slowly add boiling water, and whisk out any lumps of flour.
- Float dumplings in the sauce, and sprinkle with cinnamon and freshly grated nutmeg.
- Bake at 350 for about 45 min. Let cool slightly. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whip cream.
They are so yummy and they’re so easy to make they’re sure to become a fall favourite of yours too.
With an easy apple dumplings recipe, life really is a party, even on a rainy day. 😉
This post is sponsored by Giant Tiger. As always, all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Life is a Party possible.
You might also like our Homemade Caramel Apples here.
Also check out our Caramel Apple Trifle here.
You might also enjoy our Slow Cooker Apple Butter here.