I’m so excited to be joining in the Christmas Cookie Hop, hosted by A Pretty Life. Be sure to check out more great Christmas cookie recipes at the bottom of the post.
Get Our Free Christmas Cookbook
We've collected some of our very favourite Christmas recipes and but them together in a mini cookbook. Get it free for a limited time!
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 6 tbsp softened butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp softened butter
- 1 tbsp milk
- Combine flour, salt, cloves, ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon in large bowl and set aside.
- Add butter and brown sugar to a stand mixer and beat until light and fluffy. Add in the molasses, and mix well, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Add in the egg, and mix well again.
- Gradually add in the flour mixture, and mix until the dough comes together.
- Divide dough in half. On a floured surface roll out the dough and cut out with shapes. Bake at 350 F for 10-15 minutes -less time for smaller cookies, more for larger cookies, and less for chewy cookies, longer for crunchy cookies depending on your preference. Allow to cool on a rack.
- To make the icing, combine powdered sugar, milk, and 1 tbsp butter in a bowl and stir to fully combine. Place in a piping bag, and decorate the cookies.
We used a little bakers twine to hang them from.
The tiny houses are made from a cookie cutter set from H&M Home.
My girls actually decorated them all. I think the students have exceeded the teacher now. I was working on some last year, and then they came home from school and made some far more beautiful ones than I had. This year I left it too them.
We arranged them on a cake plate and added in a few cookie trees too.
The plate is decorated with some coarse sugar, and then sprinted with more powdered sugar.
I love how they turned out, and they’re so delicious too. The perfect Christmas cookie.
More Delicious Christmas Cookie Recipes:
For more Christmas cookie recipes, make sure you check out the delicious recipes below!
Swiss Mountain Shortbread by Kim of Kim Power Style
German Iced Spice Christmas Cookies by Christina of The DIY Mommy
Slice and Bake Shortbread Cookies by Jo-Anna of A Pretty Life in the Suburbs
Cathedral Window Cookies by Rita of Harbour Breeze Home
Chocolate Peppermint Biscotti by Kendra of Joy In Our Home
Cranberry Orange Shortbread by Jen of Kitchen Counter Chronicles
Holiday Crinkle Cookies by Lisa of Fabulous Habits
Maple Shortbread Snowflakes by Laura of one house 2 barns
Ritz Cracker Bark (aka Crookies) by Courtenay of Creek Line House
Peppermint Hot Cocoa Cookies by Jennifer of Happily Organized Chaos
Earl Grey Snowball Cookies by Tan of Squirrelly Minds
Gingerbread Cookies by Dannyelle of Life is a Party
You might also like our Sugar Cookies here.
Also check out our Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies here.
You might also enjoy our Toblerone Shortbread with Browned Flour Cookies here.