Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies: with an almond shortbread base, raspberry jam filling, and a drizzle of almond icing on top these cookies are perfect.
It’s the final day of our Christmas Cookie Week, and I’m sharing a real favourite of mine. If you love raspberries and almond, like I do, you will love these Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies.
These cookies are so good. They have a shortbread base, but it’s made a little different with the addition of almond extract to the dough.
The jam is baked in the cookie, and the final drizzle of almond flavoured icing is the perfect finishing touch.
- 1 1/4 cups butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
For the Glaze:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 tsp almond extract
- 1-2 tsp milk
- In a stand mixer combine the butter, sugar, and 1/2 tsp almond extract until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Gradually mix in the flour and combine until it forms a dough.
- Form dough into 1 inch balls and place on an un-greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Use your thumb or small teaspoon to for the thumbprint indent in the middle of each cookie. Fill the indent with jam, about a 1/4 tsp. Bake 350F for about 15 minutes until lightly browned.
- Cook cookies for about 1 minute on the cookie sheet and remove to a cookie rack to cool completely.
- To make the glaze combine the powdered sugar, almond extracts and milk in a small bowl and mix thoroughly. Drizzle over the cooled cookies and enjoy.
These cookies are lovely for Christmas. The red raspberry jam looks so perfect this time of year.
These are a great addition to any Christmas cookie tray. I hope you love them as much as I do.
With home made Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies, life really is a party!
Christmas Cookie Week
Be sure to check out some of the other cookies for Christmas Cookie Week, including our Brown Sugar Caramel Thumbprint cookies here.
Also, our tried and true Sugar Cookie Recipe here.
And these easy and delicious Mincemeat Pinwheels.