Wooden Ball Christmas Ornaments: simple DIY to turn craft store wooden balls into Christmas tree ornaments.
This year I was going for a simple, Scandinavian inspired Christmas look. I love how it turned out, it’s so simple and beautiful.
Get Our Free Christmas Cookbook
We've collected some of our very favourite Christmas recipes and put them together in a mini cookbook. Get it free for a limited time!
Simple Scandinavian Design
In order to create the look, I pared back a lot of my decorations. Check out the whole Scandinavian Christmas Home Tour here for more inspiration.
For the tree, I used just a few different sets. I went with white, and natural for the colour scheme. That meant white glass ornaments, simple pinecones, and pretty metalic geometrics to keep it modern and fresh. I also wanted to incorporate some basic wooden balls.
They were hard to find.
So what’s a blogger to do? Make some.
Here’s how I made them.
Wooden Ball Ornament Materials:
- Wooden Balls
- Eye Hooks
- Masking Tape
- White Paint
- Gold String
How To Make Wood Ball Ornaments:
- Start by screwing the eye hooks into the top of the wooden balls. They’re pointy on the end so push them in as you turn to get them started. Once you get going you can make it a little easier on yourself by sticking a pencil or small paint brush handle through the hole and using it for a little levarage to turn it all the way into the ball.
- For the plain ones, that’s it, attach a string and your ready to hang them.
- For the painted ones, use masking tape to tape off the section you want painted.
- Apply the paint, you might need to do two coats to really cover it.
- Remove the tape once the paint is dry and add the string for hanging.
These are super simple to make, but the perfect touch for that Scandi, natural Christmas look. And as an added bonus, they’ll never shatter, but are so much prettier than plastic.
With easy Wooden Ball Christmas Ornaments, life really is a party!
Want another Christmas ornament tutorial?
Check out our DIY cement star Christmas ornaments here.
Check out our Mini Macrame Christmas Ornaments here.