It’s the first day of school! My girls are super excited, and I have to say that fall really is my fav. time of year. I thought it might be fun to make a little back to school inspired apple truffle pop, for them as a treat on their first day.
I started out with regular truffles, the recipe is easy -just chocolate and heavy cream, with a bit of vanilla. Once that set, I used a small ice cream scoop to scoop out balls of the mixture so they’d all be the same size. Once they were rolled in perfect little balls, I inserted a lollipop stick, and put them into the freezer to get really cool and hard.
Then, I melted a some red candy melts and dipped them in. Top Tip: if your candy melts are too thick when melted, use a little vegetable shortening or vegetable oil to thin it out a bit.
- 12 oz. Milk Chocolate
- 1/3 cup of heavy cream (35% whipping cream)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Red Candy Melts
- Green Liquorice
- Mini Green M & Ms
- Melt the milk chocolate, and the cream together in a double boiler (or in a metal mixing bowl over a pot of swimming water), until completely melted and combined.
- Stir in the vanilla and pour into a metal mixing bowl and let it set.
- Scoop out hardened chocolate mixture, and roll into balls. Insert lollipop sticks and put into the freezer to completely harden.
- Melt red candy melts in a double boiler, if the melted chocolate is too thick, thin with a small amount of vegetable oil, or vegetable shortening.
- Dip the truffle in the red chocolate coating, and let any access drip off. Just before completely set, add a liquorice stem and M and M leaf.
I used a little bit of green liquorice to create a stem, and a little mini green M &M for a leaf.
Love how these turned out. I packaged up a few for some friends and my girls in little cello bags.
Hoping the first days of school go smoothly for you and yours.
With Back to School Apple Truffle Pops, life really is a party!