These Easy One Bowl Brownies are a real old family favourite around here.
I grew up on them. When I was in grade five my mom went from being a stay-at-home mom, to working as a housekeeper 3 mornings a week at, what we called at the time “the mansion”. There was also a full-time cook named Rose. Rose made these brownies at least once a week, and sometimes more, and it wasn’t long before my mom was making them too. They’re super easy, and delicious, and that soon made them a stable at our house too.
Last week when my youngest Maddie decided she wanted brownie sundae’s for her Cruise Birthday Party, I turned to my old stand by brownie recipe. I hadn’t made them for a while, and I have to say I was reminded how easy and yummy they were, and realized I’d never shared them here on Life is a Party before. If you don’t have a go-to brownie recipe, then now you do. 😉
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- Cream sugar and margarine together in a mixer.
- Add in the vanilla and eggs, and mix until well combined.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave, and add to the batter, stir to combine.
- Add the flour and combine, without over mixing.
- Spray a 8 x 8 baking dish with non-stick baking spay, and then add in batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees, for 25-30 min. taking care not to over bake, brownies should be still slightly gooey in the middle when done.
I hope your family loves them as much as we do.
With Easy One Bowl Brownies, life really is a party!