Apple Crisp in a Mason Jar -easy recipe and the perfect fall dessert made in mini mason jars. Serve warm with vanilla ice-cream.
This is such an easy, delicious fall dessert. This is the recipe my mom used when I was a little girl.
I’ve updated it a little by making Apple Crisp in a Mason Jar, because everything tastes better in a mason jar, right? Or, you can bake it in one big 8 x 8 baking dish.
Get Our Free Easy Favourites Cookbook
We've collected some of our very favourite recipes that are easy to make and put them together in a mini cookbook. Get it free for a limited time!
When I was in grade two, I had to bake a snack for an after school girls club. Running short on time, I had to come home from school for lunch the day I needed it and quickly make it. My mom had carefully pre-measured all the ingredients out for me, and prepared all the apples already for me when I got there. All I had to do was mix together the pre-measured crisp ingredients and put it together.
That night after the club meeting, she asked me how the apple crisp turned out. I replied “it was so good Mom, way better than when you make it.” She’s reminded me of it just about every time we’ve had apple crisp since. What can I say Mom, I’ve always been a great cook. 😉
Apple Crisp in a Mason Jar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup oatmeal (quick oats)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 nutmeg
- 1/4 salt
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 2-3 cups of apples
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- In a mixing bowl combine brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt, and stir to mix well. Add in the butter and use a pastry cutter, or your fingers to combine with the dry ingredients until well incorporated and crumbly. Set aside.
- To prepare the apple the apples, wash, peel and slice them, then sprinkle with the lemon juice.
- Divide the apples between 8 mini mason jars (4 oz), and top with the crumble mixer.
- Place jars on a baking sheet to bake, at 350 for about 20 min. (Or place all the apples in the bottom of a 8 x 8 baking dish, top with crumble and bake at 350 for about 30 min.)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 272Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 117mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 3gSugar: 26gProtein: 2g
I love to serve this apple crisp warm, with a little vanilla ice cream, yum.
With an easy apple crisp in a mason jar recipe for dessert, life really is a party!
You might also like our Caramel Apple Trifle in a Mason Jar here.
Also check out our Homemade Caramel Apple recipe here.
You might also like our Caramel Apple Fondue here.