Caramel Pumpkin Butter: This easy recipe is only 3 ingredients, and you can make it one pan. Perfect for fall.
This Caramel Pumpkin Butter only has 3 ingredients. So it’s easy to make and so, so yummy! It’s the perfect taste of fall. It would be delicious on fresh bread or toast, or a muffin. It’s especially good though to bring the flavours of fall to s’mores!
This would also make a lovely gift -think of a little mason jar of this at each place setting for Thanksgiving or a fall dinner party.
Get Our Free Christmas Cookbook
We've collected some of our very favourite Christmas recipes and but them together in a mini cookbook. Get it free for a limited time!
- 1/2 cup dulce de leche
- 1/4 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- To make this caramel pumpkin butter, I began by roasting a pumpkin. I cut a pie pumpkin in half, scraped out the seeds, and laid it in a baking dish. I baked the pumpkin at 350 degrees for about 20-25 min. until it was soft and tender when pierced with the tip of a knife. I let it cool slightly, then scraped the cooked pumpkin out of the skin and pureed it in a food processor until it was completely smooth. You could also purchase canned pumpkin and skip this step, whatever you prefer.
- Combine 1/4 cup of the pumpkin puree with the dulce de leche, and the pumpkin pie spice in a small sauce pan. Cook over high heat, stirring the whole time until the mixture has thickened to a butter like consistency. Remember it will thicken slightly more as it cools.
- Store in a mason jar in the fridge, and enjoy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 84Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 33mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 0gSugar: 13gProtein: 2g
We used our Pumpkin Butter to make fall flavoured s’mores -you might have noticed them set up on the table for our fall home tour.
I set up a sweet little s’mores buffet for us, with graham crackers, marshmallows, chocolate, and our caramel pumpkin butter.
It was fun to add in a few fall elements too, like lots of pumpkins.
And, we offered a few different kids of chocolate too.
But my favourite part was the caramel pumpkin butter.
We roasted our marshmallows over candles.
(There’s some debate over the whole candle roasting thing…I figure non-scented candles are fine, soy based even better, others like to use pure beeswax. If you have any concerns you could certainly do this whole setup outside and use a real campfire. Use your own judgement and do whatever you’re most comfortable with.)
Make your s’mores just like regular ones, with the addition of the caramel pumpkin butter.
Yum! I highly recommend making yourself a little batch of this…perhaps over the long weekend.
With easy homemade Caramel Pumpkin Butter, life really is a party!
You might also like our Pumpkin Bread Pudding recipe here.
Also check out our Pumpkin Cream Puffs recipe here.
You might also enjoy our Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats recipe here.