Happy Easter! Here’s an idea for the perfect little Easter dessert, sure to delight adults and children alike at your Easter table.
Get Our Free Easy Favourites Cookbook
We've collected some of our very favourite recipes that are easy to make and put them together in a mini cookbook. Get it free for a limited time!
Who doesn’t love chocolate mousse, and it’s made all the better here, piped into hollow chocolate Easter eggs.
I picked up a package of hollow Easter eggs, and cut the tops off, so they were all ready to pipe the chocolate mousse into.
I used a ziplock bag with the corner snipped off to make it really easy to fill the eggs.
When we were ready to serve our little treats, we added the perfect little topping of Gay Lea Whipped Cream, and a teeny wee little chocolate Easter bunny. I love using Gay Lea Whipped Cream, made with real cream, it’s delicious and convenient, and the perfect topping to any dessert.
- 2 oz. semi sweet chocolate
- 2 oz. milk chocolate
- 2 eggs -separated
- 4 tbsp sugar -separated
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- hollow milk chocolate Easter eggs
- Gay Lea Whipped Cream
- mini Easter bunny sprinkles
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate. Once completely melted set aside to cool slightly.
- Separate eggs, and beat whites until foamy. Slowly add 3 tbsp of sugar, and continue beating until you reach stiff peaks.
- Once chocolate is slightly cool, stir the egg yolks into the chocolate and mix well.
- Add a small amount of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture and stir to combine completely. Add the rest of the whites, folding to ensure the air stays in the egg whites.
- Whip cream and add 1 tbsp sugar, and vanilla.
- Fold whipped cream into the egg white and chocolate mixture.
- Cut the tops off of the hollow chocolate Easter eggs.
- Put the chocolate mousse into a ziplock bag and pipe into the eggs. This recipe filled 8 eggs, with lots left over, you might consider cutting the recipe in half.
- Refrigerate the eggs until set. Before serving, top with Gay Lea whip cream, and a mini Easter bunny sprinkle.
With these easy and delicious Chocolate Mousse Easter Eggs, life really is a party!
Disclosure: I am part of the Gay Lea Ambassador Campaign and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.
You might also like our Carrot Cake recipe here.
Also check out our Bunny Bait Easter Trail Mix here.
You might also enjoy our Black Forest Cake in a Mason Jar recipe here.