Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe: the perfect moist dense carrot cake with raisins, pineapple and nuts and a delicious cream cheese icing.
This carrot cake with cream cheese frosting recipe is a favourite of mine. I’ve always been a big fan of carrot cake, and the more stuff in it the better. Worth trying if you’re a carrot cake fan, and the frosting is delicious too, and the perfect amount for the cake. The tree layers were also pretty impressive.
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (398 mL) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups lightly packed grated carrots
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature.
- 4 cups icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter three 8 inch cake pans, and line with parchment paper.
- Beat melted butter with sugar until well combined. Add in eggs, one at a time, until well combined.
- Stir in drained pineapple, carrots, raisins, and walnuts.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients; flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and ground allspice.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the butter mixture until well incorporated.
- Divide the batter evenly between the three cake pans. Bake for 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool cakes completely before icing.
- To prepare the frosting, beat the cream cheese with the butter until smooth. gradually add icing sugar, beating until frosting is light and fluffy.
- Place bottom layer on a cake plate, and spread 1/4 of the frosting on top. Add the second layer and repeat. Top with the third layer and frost all over with the remaining frosting.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 564Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 106mgSodium: 529mgCarbohydrates: 79gFiber: 2gSugar: 57gProtein: 6g
With this yummy, moist, sweet, carrot cake, life really is a party!
You might also like our Classic Cheesecake recipe here.
Also check out our Black Forest Cake in a Mason Jar recipe here.
You might also enjoy our Cherry Almond Coffee Cake recipe here.