Classic Cheese Cake
If you don’t have a Classic Cheese Cake Recipe that’s a regular go-to for you, then this recipe is perfect. It’s great for company, birthdays, or to bring with you when you’re invited over to someone’s house and offer to bring dessert. It’s baked in the oven, and comes out rich and dense and wonderful. Add your favourite topping and you’ll love it.
Your New Go-To Cheesecake Recipe
My husband and I have been making this Classic Cheese Cake Recipe for years and years. It’s pretty much no-fail, and everyone always loves it.
Ideas for Toppings
Today I’ve topped it with beautiful fresh fruit. Perfect for summer. You could also serve it plain, or with the old favourite cherry pie filling on top. I love to include a bit of whipped cream, and for the chocolate lovers, you could also add a little chocolate syrup.
Classic Cheese Cake
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 3 8-oz. pkgs. cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsp flour
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- To make the crust, combine the graham cracker crumbs, 3 tbsp sugar, and melted butter. Press into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 10 minutes.
- To make the cake, combine the cream cheese, 3/4 cup sugar, and flour in a mixer until well blended.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each one. Blend in sour cream, and vanilla. Pour the cake filling over the crust. Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 250 degrees, and continue cooking 45-50 minutes until the centre is set. Loosen cake from the rim of pan, and let cool before removing the rim of the pan.
- Let chill before serving. Top with whipped cream, and fresh fruit, or cherry pie filling, or chocolate sauce to serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 370Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 120mgSodium: 256mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 0gSugar: 20gProtein: 6g
Cheese cakes often crack while they’re cooling. A few tips that help are to make sure all your ingredients are at room temperature before you make it. Also you can let the cheese cake cool in the oven with it turned off and the door open.
But, don’t be too worried if it cracks (in fact this one did). Topping your delicious cheese cake with whipped cream and fresh fruit will hide a multitude of sins.
With a delicious Classic Cheese Cake, life really is a party!
You might also enjoy our Black Forest Cake In A Mason Jar recipe here.
Also check out our Donut Strawberry Shortcakes.
You might also like our Strawberry Pie recipe here.