Easy Banana Cake Recipe -easy one bowl banana cake, perfect for using up ripe bananas, with the a simple fluffy vanilla icing.
This easy banana cake recipe is one of my favourite go-to recipes. It’s so simple it only needs one bowl for the cake. It’s a no-fail recipe that turns out every time.
My mother-law uses this recipe to make an easy banana bread…because that’s what good, using up the left over bananas, responsible people do. But people who want life to be a party, they want to turn banana bread into CAKE! They want cake, covered in icing. They want Easy Banana Cake! And they shall have it.
You could easily make this recipe into a loaf, but the addition of a sweet fluffy vanilla icing makes this simple cake so much better and more special.
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
For the Icing
- 1/4 cup of softened butter
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the bananas, sugar, egg and butter until well combined.
- Add the flour, salt and baking soda, and stir until well combined, but being careful not to over-mix.
- Bake in a greased 8 x 8 baking dish at 350, for around 40 min, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- After the cake is cool, combine the icing ingredients in a mixer and stir slowly until well combined, and then at higher speed until light and fluffy. Top cooled cake with icing, and enjoy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 300Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 369mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 1gSugar: 39gProtein: 3g
This recipe is such a favourite on Pinterest. And lot’s of people who have tried it love it with the addition of chocolate chips, nuts, or even raisins. Definitely feel free to experiment with any of those, and let us all know in the comments what your favourites are.
With an Easy Banana Cake Recipe like this, life really is a party!
Looking for another easy banana recipe? Check out this Easy Banana Cream Pie recipe.
Be sure to check out this recipe for Banoffee Pie here.
You might also like Mom’s Easy Lasagna recipe here.