Easy Banana Cake Recipe -easy one bowl banana cake, perfect for using up ripe bananas, with the a simple fluffy vanilla icing.
This easy banana cake recipe is one of my favourite go-to banana recipes. It’s so simple it only needs one bowl for the cake. It’s a no-fail recipe that turns out every time. It always makes a delicious moist cake, and is the perfect way to use up your over-ripe bananas.
My mother-law uses this recipe to make an easy banana bread…because that’s what good, using up the leftover spotty bananas, responsible people do. But people who want life to be a party, they want to turn banana bread into CAKE! They want cake, covered in icing. They want Easy Banana Cake! And they shall have it. I turned the our favorite banana bread recipe into the best banana cake recipe.
Cake, Bread or Muffins
You could easily make this recipe into a loaf, but the addition of a sweet fluffy vanilla icing makes this simple cake so much better and more special. The original recipe was an easy banana bread recipe. You could also make this recipe into banana muffins, just adjust the cooking time down so that they don’t over bake.
Banana Cake Recipe Without Buttermilk
If you’re looking for an easy banana cake recipe to make that doesn’t include buttermilk, than this recipe is perfect. There’s no milk at all in the cake of this simple recipe, and no need to worry about having buttermilk, or even a buttermilk substitute. If fact you probably have all the ingredients to make it in your pantry, as long as you have some overripe bananas.
This one of my favourite easy recipes for using up extra bananas. If you find that you have too many at once, or not enough, you can also freeze bananas. No need to turn them into mashed banana first, just but them in a ziplock bag, peeled or even unpeeled and store them in the freezer. The next time you want to make banana cake, just thaw and use this recipe.
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
For the Icing
- 1/4 cup of softened butter
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, start by combining the wet ingredients. Mix the bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter until well combined. Or use an electric mixer and a medium bowl to combine.
- Add the flour, salt and baking soda, to the banana mixture and stir until the dry ingredients well combined at a medium speed, but being careful not to over-mix.
- Pour batter into a prepared pan. Bake in a greased 8 x 8 cake pan at 350, for around 40 min, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- After the cake is cool, combine the icing ingredients in a mixer and stir slowly until well combined, and then at maximum speed until light and fluffy. Spread the icing over the top of the cake when it's completely cooled, and enjoy. Store in an airtight container, or cover in plastic wrap.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 300Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 369mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 1gSugar: 39gProtein: 3g
This delicious banana cake recipe is a such a favourite because it’s made with simple ingredients, and is such an easy cake recipe. Once you’ve tried it this will become the only banana cake recipe that you ever use.
This moist banana cake recipe is such a favourite with my followers on Pinterest. And lot’s of people who have tried it love it with the addition of chocolate chips, nuts, or even raisins. Definitely feel free to experiment with any of those, and let us all know in the comments what your favourites are. I love this simple vanilla icing but you could substitute your favourite tangy cream cheese frosting, if you prefer.
This simple cake with pantry ingredients is sure to become one of your favorite recipes. With an Easy Banana Cake Recipe like this, life really is a party!
More Recipe Inspiration
Looking for another easy banana recipe? Check out this Easy Banana Cream Pie recipe.
Be sure to check out this recipe for Banoffee Pie here.
You might also like Mom’s Easy Lasagna recipe here.