Easy Mini Trifles: these mini raspberry trifles are easy to make with store bought ingredients and always a hit with guests.
I love these mini trifles. I have served them many, many times and they are always a hit with guests. They are great for a tea party too.
These are super easy to put together because I used all store bought ingredients. You can put these together quickly and easily and they’re so good.
I love these in raspberry flavour, but you could really use any jam and fresh fruit in them. Strawberry would be great, and blueberry is a favourite too.
This recipe is more of an assembly kind of a recipe, you could of course make the custard and pound cake from scratch, but this version is quick, easy and really, really yummy.
I like to make these mini trifles in a juice glass, or mini parfait, or small mason jar. You can see all the layers through the glass, and they’re the perfect individual serving size.
- 1 raspberry or plain pound cake
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 8 tbsp. raspberry jam
- 400 g can of Devon custard
- 236 mL whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp sugar
- grated chocolate
- Assemble the mini trifles in a small juice glass, or mini parfait, or small mason jar. First, cut the pound cake into small cubes, and layer into the bottom of the glass.
- Next take some raspberry jam, and warm it up in the microwave to make it more runny. You can also add a tsp. or so of water to the warm jam to make it more runny. Pour about a tbsp. or 2 over the pound cake in each glass.
- Add some fresh raspberries as the next layer, but remember to save a few for the top.
- The next layer is the devon custard, just spoon some over the raspberries. If you do make it yourself, let it cool before you add it
- .Then, whip the cream with some vanilla and sugar, and add as the final layer. Garnish with another raspberry and a little grated chocolate.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 283Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 86mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 3gSugar: 21gProtein: 4g
I had these sweet vintage silver teaspoons to serve them with.
With easy mini trifles, life really is a party!
You might also like our Caramel Apple Trifle here.
Also check out Mini No-Bake Berry Cheesecakes here.
You might also like our Chocolate Trifle here.