I love bread pudding and first had it ages ago when I was in my early twenties and living in England for school. It is a classic English dessert. It’s so warm and comforting and truly easy to make.
Get Our Free Christmas Cookbook
We've collected some of our very favourite Christmas recipes and but them together in a mini cookbook. Get it free for a limited time!
To make this old classic a little extra special for Christmas I partnered with President’s Choice and made it with their new President’s Choice Brioche Bread and President’s Choice Eggnog. It was so good!
If you’re a fan of eggnog, I think you’ll love this dessert. The eggnog flavour adds so much to the dessert.
I served the Eggnog Bread Pudding with whipped cream. It was warm, but not piping hot. You can serve it hot, warm, or cold. It would be really delicious with ice cream also, or a classic English custard sauce. To make this Eggnog Bread Pudding even more special, you could add in some raisins, or pecans, or both.
I love this easy Eggnog Bread Pudding. It’s easy enough for any day you’d like to add a little holiday cheer to, but special enough to be welcome at any party or special get together this Christmas.
- I loaf President's Choice Brioche Bread
- 3 cups President's Choice Eggnog
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Non-stick Baking Spray
- Icing Sugar for dusting over the top
- Optional: raisins, pecans, or both
- First cut your brioche into cubes, about 1 inch square.
- In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, eggnog, melted butter, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. (Make sure your butter isn't too hot, you don't want to cook the eggs at all.) Stir the egg mixture well.
- Add the all the bread cubes into the egg mixture, and stir to combine. Optional: add some raisins or pecans, or both to the mixture. Let it sit 10 minutes so the bread can absorb most of the liquid.
- Spray a 9 x9 baking dish with non-stick spray, and add in the soaked bread mixture.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven 40-45 minutes, until set and golden brown on top.
- Serve hot, warm, or cold sprinkled with a little icing sugar. Serve with whipped cream, custard sauce, or ice cream.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 559Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 298mgSodium: 395mgCarbohydrates: 67gFiber: 1gSugar: 47gProtein: 15g
I partnered with President’s Choice for this post. All options, as always, are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that make Life is a Party possible.
You might also like our Eggnog Cookies here.
And check out our Easy Apple Crisp in a Mason Jar here.