Pecan Madeleines: this recipe uses browed butter, chopped pecans, and brown sugar for the perfect nutty flavour.
For our recent Fall Tea Party we thought it would be nice to include some Pecan Madeleines -read all about the fall tea party here.
Madeleines are the lovliest little cake like cookie. They’re perfect with a cup of tea. And with the addition of browned butter, brown sugar, and pecans these seem just right for fall.
I’m sharing this recipe as part of the Seasonal Simplicity Fall Series, and there are lots more fall recipes at the end of this post from my blogging friends so be sure to have a look at them and get inspired for fall.
My youngest daughter, who loves to bake, is named Madeline. I remember buying Madeleines for the get together after her baby dedication. They just seem like the perfect cookie for her.
Recently when we were doing a little shopping on vacation we found a Madeleine pan at a little kitchen shop and decided we should buy it and try out some Madeleine recipes. I say we, but it was really Maddie. She read up all about them, and started experimenting.
She developed this recipe herself and made these, and they are so delicious. When they are fresh they have the perfect slightly crunchy outside, and soft inside. They’re not overly sweet, and the pecans add a great flavour and little bit of crunch -perfect for fall. A Madeleine and a cup of tea is a match made in heaven.
We’ll likely share a few more Madeleine recipes with different combinations and add-ins, but this is my favourite so far that she’s created.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- I cup flour
- 2/3 chopped pecans
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Add butter to a heavy saucepan, and cook over a medium heat, stiring constantly. Cook until the butter is foams, turns clear, and then medium brown. Pour the browed butter into a glass measuring cup and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl combine the flour, sugars, pecans, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl combine eggs, and vanilla and whisk until frothy, about 1 minute.
- Add the egg mixitue to the flour mixture and stir with a rubber spatula until just combined. Add the cooled butter and stir until combined, without over mixing. Cover the bowl and let the batter rest in the fridge for an hour, upto overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 and spray a madeleine pan with cooking spray. Fill the molds with a genours tablespoon of batter. Bake about 14 minutes, until the madeleines are puffed and golden, and spring back from the edges when touched. Remove from the pan and cool on a wire rack. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
These are sure to become a favourite at our house, and I hope you like them too.
With home made Pecan Madeleines, life really is a party!
Today I’m joined by a talented group of blogging friends who are also sharing their Fall Recipe ideas with you!
Just click on the links below the images to be taken to see their full post…
Instant Pot Split Pea & Ham Soup at The Happy Housie
Chicken Tortellini with Pumpkin Alfredo at Grace In My Space
Tomato and Goat Cheese Dip at My Sweet Savannah
French Onion Soup in a Breadbowl at My UnCommon Slice of Suburbia
Chicken Lasagna Soup at The Handmade Home
Easy Overnight Breakfast Casserole at The Turquoise Home
Butternut Squash & Sundried Tomato Frittata at Cassie Bustamante
Pumpkin Spice Granola at Craftberry Bush
Saskatoon Berry Muffins at Love Create Celebrate
Quick Sugar Free Applesauce at Aratari at Home
Mason Jar Pumpkin Pies at Modern Glam
Easy Pumpkin Dip at She Gave it a Go
Fall Brioche at Inspiration for Moms
Baked Apple Cider Donuts at Paint Me Pink
Instant Pot Pumpkin Applesauce at Cherished Bliss
Pumpkin Spice Granola at Zevy Joy
Plum Frangipane Dessert at Satori Design for Living
Pumpkin Pie Cream Cheese Ball at Tatertots and Jello
Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles at The DIY Mommy
Apple Cannon Balls at In My Own Style
5 Minute Flaky Pie Crust at Jenna Kate at Home
Pumpkin Spice Cake with Brown Sugar Glaze at Sincerely, Marie Designs
Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirl Brownies at A Pretty Life
Yummy S’Mores Cheese Ball at This is Our Bliss
Pecan Madeleines at Life is a Party
You might also enjoy our Pumpkin Bread Pudding Recipe here.
Also check our our Pumpkin Blondies here.
You might also like our Caramel Apple Trifle Recipe here.