Pumpkin Blondies with Pumpkin Frosting -these are chewy, sweet, pumpkin-y, and the perfect fall treat for pumpkin lovers.
I’m a big fan of pumpkin, and these Pumpkin Blondies with Pumpkin Frosting are delicious. This recipe is the perfect way for you to celebrate the first day of fall this weekend.
For the Blondies
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 cup of packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup of white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
For the Frosting
- 1/2 cup room temp. butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp milk or cream
- 2 cups icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and coat a large 9 x 13 baking dish with butter. Melt 1 cup of butter in a microwave safe bowl. Add the brown and white sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, and pumpkin, and combine well.
- In another bowl, combine the dry ingredients; flour, salt, cinnamon, ground cloves, and, ground nutmeg.
- Add the wet to the dry and stir well to combine, but don't over stir.
- Bake for 30 min., until the blondies are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow the blondies to cool before frosting them.
To make the frosting:
- Cream the butter in a mixing bowl of a stand mixer. Add the vanilla, pumpkin, milk or cream, and icing sugar. Mix at a low speed to combine, and then for min. or two at a high speed, until frosting looks creamy and well combined.
- Spread over cooled blondies, sprinkle with cinnamon if you wish, and slice into approx. 24 pieces. Enjoy!
To Make The Blondies:
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 243Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 150mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 2g
Get Our Free Easy Favourites Cookbook
We've collected some of our very favourite recipes that are easy to make and put them together in a mini cookbook. Get it free for a limited time!
I made them yesterday afternoon for a church event tonight. My family has already eaten 6 of them…I think they like them. 😉 The blondie is dense, moist, and delicious, and the frosting is creamy, and sweet. Perfect with a cup of tea, and easy to make too.
With Pumpkin Blondies with Pumpkin Frosting , life really is a party.
You might also like our Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream recipe here.
Also check out our Caramel Pumpkin Butter recipe here.
You might also enjoy our Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats here.