Sweet Crepes: easy sweet crepe recipe made in the blender, perfect to create a dessert buffet for friends withs of toppings.
After picking fresh raspberries and strawberries the other day, I was looking for a nice dessert to use them in for company. I decided on sweet crepes, always a crowd pleaser, and pretty easy to make. It always fun to set up lots of different toppings so everyone can make one with all their favourites.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup lukewarm water
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor, process until smooth. Let stand for 30 minutes before cooking, or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- In a small non-stick frying pan, melt a little butter over medium heat. Pour a little batter into the pan and then quickly swirl the pan to coat the bottom in a thin layer of batter.
- Cook a few minutes until crepe bubbles and bottom is lightly browned. Flip crepe with spatula corner or fingers. (This takes a little practice, but you can eat any that don’t turn out) 😉 Cook on the other side until browned slightly. Makes about 12, and the recipe can be doubled for a bigger crowd.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 59Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 44mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 2g
Get Our Free Easy Favourites Cookbook
We've collected some of our very favourite recipes that are easy to make and put them together in a mini cookbook. Get it free for a limited time!
Cooking crepes is sometimes a little tricky. The first one nearly never turns out. But once you get in a rhythm you can cook them quickly and easily.
Sweet Crepe Dessert Buffet
I set up a buffet with our fresh raspberries and strawberries, chocolate and vanilla ice cream, maple syrup and chocolate sauce, vanilla custard and whip cream. I even cheated and used canned custard, but don’t tell anyone. 😉
There was a chocolate with more chocolate option for the chocolate lovers. My personal favourite combination was fresh raspberries, vanilla custard, whipped cream, and maple syrup. What can I say, I’m a vanilla girl.
These are always a hit, and I highly recommend them for a little summer get together. The guests are always impressed, and love that they can build their own with all their favourite toppings.
With homemade sweet crepes, life really is a party!
You might also like our Crepe Dessert Buffet here.
Also check out Breakfast Picnic here.
You might also enjoy Jelly Donut Pancakes here.
How did the buffet set-up work out? I’m hosting my first crepes party next weekend, and I’m open to any tips you may have. 🙂
The buffet worked out great, everyone gets to come up with their own favourite combinations of toppings. I did do a really large group buffet with them once -like about 35 people. I made the crepes ahead of time, in chocolate and vanilla, and just re-warmed in the microwave before serving and it worked out great too.