The Grey Stuff Recipe: made from vanilla and chocolate pudding, Oreo cookie crumbs, and cool whip, a Beauty and the Beast themed dessert.
t wouldn’t be a Beauty and the Beast party without “the grey stuff”! It’s such a fun, and yummy treat to include in any Beauty and the Beast inspired party -see all our party details here, plus more Disney recipes. It’s really quick and easy to make. You’re entire family will love this easy recipe for the grey stuff. It’s one of Disney’s most sought-after recipes. This simple version is based off of the official recipe of the Disney World version. Now you can enjoy all of your favorite Disney movies brought to life with a Disney entertainment inspired menu and delicious recipes. We love finding easy and fun ways to bring the Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom Park experience home with us.
What Is The Grey Stuff?
All Disney fans will know the song “Be Our Guest” that’s part of the film Beauty and the Beast. In it Lumiere, the candle, sings about the grey stuff.
What Is The Grey Stuff Made Of?
What Is The Grey Stuff Made Of?The grey stuff is a creamy mousse made with pudding, oreo cookies, and cool whip. It’s fluffy and pudding like. It’s often served on top of a cup cake, brownie, piece of cake or a cookie. We served ours on a delicious shortbread cookie -you can find the recipe for the shortbread cookies here. The shortbread was a great base for the grey stuff, because the cookie was a great crispy contrast to the texture of the creamy grey stuff. You can also serve it on its own like a pudding a mousse.
Tips For Making Your Own Grey Stuff Recipe
- don’t make the pudding according to the package directions, we’re using the pudding mix powder as an ingredient
- use the whole Oreo cookie, don’t remove the icing when you’re making your oreo crumbs
- to keep the Oreo’s from turning into a paste in the food processor when you’re trying to make a fine crumbs, don’t over blend them, and try working with cold Oreos
- refrigerate the grey stuff before piping to make it easier to work with, and better able to hold its shape
- serve the grey stuff on its own, or on top of a cookie, cake, cupcake, or brownie or as a fruit dip.
- 1 1/5 cups cold milk
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 15 Oreo cookies
- 1 (8 ounce) container cool whip, thawed
- 3 tablespoons instant chocolate pudding mix
- Add cold milk to the bowl of a stand mixer and add instant vanilla pudding mix. Mix at medium speed for 2 minutes, until pudding is slighly thickened. Refrigerate 1-2 hours until firm.
- Place the oreo cookies in a food processor and pulse until turned into crumbs. Be careful not to over process and create a paste.
- Fold the cookie crumbs, cool whip, and instant chocolate pudding mix into the chilled vanila pudding mixture, until fully combined.
- Refrigerate the grey stuff for 1 hour before serving in small bowls, or piped onto cookies or cakes. Enjoy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 176Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 301mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 2g
It was the perfect way to a little Disney magic to our dessert for our Beauty and the Beast themed dessert. Try it next time you’re at Disney World in the Be Our Guest restaurant, but in the meantime, enjoy this make at home version any time you want a treat.
With this grey stuff recipe, life really is a party!
Disney Princess Dinner and Movie Toolkit
Love Disney Princess dinner and movie nights? Buy our Disney Princess Dinner and Movie Toolkit to help you create the perfect themed party. The Toolkit includes 6 different Disney Princess movie nights with menus, all the recipes, inspiration, and printables for each one. Check out more about the Disney Princess Dinner and Movie Toolkit by clicking here.