The Grey Stuff Recipe: made from vanilla and chocolate pudding, Oreo cookie crumbs, and cool whip, a Beauty and the Beast themed dessert.
It wouldn’t be a Beauty and the Beast party without “the grey stuff”! It’s such a fun, and yummy treat to include in any Beauty and the Beast inspired party -see all our party details here. It’s really quick and easy to make. You’ll love this grey stuff recipe based off of the official Disney World version.
Get Our Free Easy Favourites Cookbook
We've collected some of our very favourite recipes that are easy to make and put them together in a mini cookbook. Get it free for a limited time!
What Is The Grey Stuff?
In the song “Be Our Guest” that’s part of the film Beauty and the Beast, Lumiere the candle sings about the grey stuff.
What Is The Grey Stuff Made Of?
Tips For Making The Grey Stuff Recipe
- don’t make the pudding according to the package directions, we’re using the pudding mix powder as an ingredient
- use the whole Oreo cookie, don’t remove the icing
- to keep the Oreo’s from turning into a paste in the food processor don’t over blend them, and try working with cold Oreos
- refrigerate the grey stuff before piping to make it easier to work with, and better able to hold its shape
- serve the grey stuff on its own, or on top of a cookie, cake, cupcake, or brownie or as a fruit dip
- 1 1/5 cups cold milk
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 15 Oreo cookies
- 1 (8 ounce) container cool whip, thawed
- 3 tablespoons instant chocolate pudding mix
- Add cold milk to the bowl of a stand mixer and add instant vanilla pudding mix. Mix at medium speed for 2 minutes, until pudding is slighly thickened. Refrigerate 1-2 hours until firm.
- Place the oreo cookies in a food processor and pulse until turned into crumbs. Be careful not to over process and create a paste.
- Fold the cookie crumbs, cool whip, and instant chocolate pudding mix into the chilled vanila pudding mixture, until fully combined.
- Refrigerate the grey stuff for 1 hour before serving in small bowls, or piped onto cookies or cakes. Enjoy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 176Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 301mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 2g
With this grey stuff recipe, life really is a party!
Disney Princess Dinner and Movie Toolkit
Love Disney Princess dinner and movie nights? Buy our Disney Princess Dinner and Movie Toolkit. The Toolkit includes 6 different Disney Princess movie nights with menus, all the recipes, inspiration, and printables for each one. Check out more about the Disney Princess Dinner and Movie Toolkit by clicking here.