Since it’s finally starting to feel like spring, these Mini No-Bake Berry Cheesecakes In A Mason Jar, are the perfect little treat. They’re great topped with fresh berries, and portable enough to bring on a spring picnic, weekend adventure, or enjoy for a backyard bbq.
One of my family’s favourite activities this time of year, after feeling cooped up all winter, is to get outside for a walk. We’re fortunate to have lots of great trails near by, and a few friendly farms. I have some great childhood memories of visiting my uncle’s farm as a little girl, and being excited about feeding the animals, and seeing all the cute little baby animals being born in the spring. We love visiting our local farmers market, buying fresh seasonal items, and supporting local farmers. Did you know Gay Lea is a co-operative owned by 1,200 farm families in Ontario? That’s a lot of local cows, and that’s a lot of great dairy products #BornOnTheFarm
Mason jars are the perfect serving piece for these little individual cheesecakes -cute, mini size, easy to serve and eat, and portable for spring adventures!
You could make these cheesecakes in any flavour, since the fruit topping is just jam. I chose blackberry jar for mine this time, but any favourite jam flavour would be great…I’m thinking cherry, raspberry, or how about mango? The skies the limit.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tbsp Gay Lea Salted Butter
- 250 g cream cheese
- 300 mL sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- blackberry jam
- Gay Lea Real Whipped Cream
- fresh blackberries
- Melt the Gay Lea Butter and combine well with the graham cracker crumbs. Use a spoon and divide the crumb mixture between 12 -4oz. Mason Jars, and then press the crumbs down to create the cheesecake base.
- Next, combine the cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, and vanilla in a stand mixer, beating until the mixture is smooth and thoroughly combined.
- Divide the cream mixture between the 12 mason jars. Refrigerate the mason jars, until the cheesecake is set.
- Once the cheesecake is set, and able to support the jam topping, spoon about a teaspoon over the cheesecakes. Don't use too much, since jam is sweeter than pie topping which is usually used as a cheesecake topping. Refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
- Just before serving, top each cheesecake with some Gay Lea Real Whipping Cream, and add a fresh berry. Enjoy!
The perfect finish to these sweet little cheesecakes right before you serve them is some Gay Lea whipped cream, and a fresh berry!
With Mini No-Bake Berry Cheesecakes in a Mason Jar, life really is a party!
This month I’m joining with all the Gay Lea ambassador bloggers to give away ONE grand prize. To celebrate all of the delicious ways you can incorporate all of Gay Lea’s delicious products, we’re giving away a beautiful KitchenAid Stand Mixer! Approximate retail value: $450.
The grand prize giveaway will be open from April 4, 2015-April 30, 2016.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
We’ll also be giving away 1 year of free Gay Lea product (12 coupons for free Gay Lea product) to one reader from Life is a Party!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Readers may enter across many blogs, they may only win on a single blog.
Entrants must be a resident of Canada, however those in Quebec are unfortunately unable to enter the giveaway.
Winner(s) can expect their prize in approximately 4-6 weeks!
Disclosure: I am part of the Gay Lea Ambassador Campaign and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.