It’s strawberry season here, and time to make Strawberry Pie. This is a treat I look forward to this time of year. With fresh strawberries, and cream cheese, and an easy no-roll pastry crust you’ll want to add this to your recipe collection too.
This is the perfect treat to enjoy in the garden on a warm summer day.
Serve the Strawberry Pie with Gay Lea Real Whipped Cream, for the perfect combination. Gay Lea Real Whipped Cream is made with real cream, and so convenient, the perfect topping for summer fruit whether in a pie or fresh!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup corn oil
- 3 tbsp cold milk
- 1 -8oz. pkg. cream cheese
- 1 tsp almond flavouring
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 cups of fresh strawberries, sliced
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- Gay Lea Real Whipped Cream
- To make the pie crust, mix flour together with sugar. Mix oil and milk in a separate bowl, then add to flour and sugar mixture. Combine and pat with your fingers into a pie plate. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 min.
- For the cream cheese filling, combine the cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice in a mixer and whip until smooth. Spread the mixture over cooled pie crust.
- Top the cream cheese mixture with 3 cups of sliced fresh strawberries.
- To make the glaze, combine 1 cup of sliced strawberries, water, cornstarch, 1 cup of sugar and 1 tsp of lemon juice in a pan and bring to a boil. Simmer for 3 min. while stirring, and then remove from the heat. Allow to cool slightly, and then pour over the pie. Let the pie set in the refrigerator, and serve with Gay Lea Real Whipped Cream.
This pie is particularly great since it has a simple no-roll pastry crust. The crust comes together quickly, and then you just use your fingers to push it into the pie plate. Easy Peasy, no-fuss, no-fail -my kind of pie! I love the combination of the tart, fresh berries, and the sweet creamy cream cheese layer. Sure to be a crowd pleaser.
With fresh Strawberry Pie, life really is a party!
Disclosure: I am part of the Gay Lea Ambassador Campaign and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.