Almond Danish: make almond danish or chocolate almond danish or cherry almond danish all with this one easy master recipe. The perfect breakfast treat.
I wanted to share this easy recipe for Almond Danish three different ways -Almond Danish, Chocolate Almond Danish, and Cherry Almond Danish.
They’re made with store bought puff pastry, so they’re really simple to make, but oh so yummy. I like a quick, but impressive recipe like this. These are perfect for a brunch.
I actually made them about three times perfecting the recipe and I had no complaints from my family, who volunteered to help eat them as many times as I needed to get the recipe and photos perfect -such a thoughtful family. 😉
I started with a master almond paste recipe, that I used for all three, with the addition of chocolate chips and cherries to some of them. A very simple recipe and oh so yummy.
- 2 sheets all-butter puff pastry
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 2 tbsp softened butter
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 egg white (save the yolk for later)
- 1 tsp almond slices
- 4 tbsp of cherry pie filling
- 4 tsp chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp milk
- Unroll the puff pastry sheets (or roll out into a square if you have the version that isn't rolled out yet), and cut each sheet into 6 squares for a total of 12.
- To make the almond filling, combine the ground almonds, icing sugar, butter, 1/2 tsp of almond extract and egg white in a bowl.
- Divide the almond filling equally among the 12 squares.
- To make 4 Almond Danishes, fold two of the corners over, using the egg yolk as the glue, and also as a wash over the top. Sprinkle with some sliced almonds.
- To make 4 Chocolate Almond Danishes, sprinkle 1 tsp. of chocolate chips each, over top of the almond filling on 4 squares, and then fold the corners using the egg yolk wash as glue and over the top again.
- To make the 4 Cherry Almond Danishes, add 1 tbsp. of cherry pie filling over top of the almond filling, and fold the same way as the others.
- Bake the Danishes at 400, for about 12 min. until golden brown.
- Let the Danishes cool, then sprinkle the Almond and Chocolate Almond with a little icing sugar.
- To make an almond glaze for the Cherry Almond Danishes, combine 2 tbsp of icing sugar with 1/2 tsp of almond extract, and 1 tsp of milk and stir to fully combine. Drizzle the glaze over the cooled Cherry Almond Danishes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 120Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 72mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 2g
You should pick up a little puff pastry this week when you grocery shop, and whip up some of these on Saturday morning, your family will thank you.
With fresh, homemade danishes, life really is a party.
You might also like our Easy Food Processor Scones recipe here.
Also check out our Blueberry Scone recipe here.
You might also enjoy our Peach Almond Muffins recipe here.