Easy Blueberry Scones: delicious recipe using fresh blueberries, with the perfect sugar topping. Perfect for breakfast or with a cup of tea.
These blueberry scones are the perfect easy recipe. Made with fresh blueberries, they’re a perfect tea time or breakfast treat.
I noticed blueberries were on sale this week, and it reminded me of a favourite summer treat. There’s a lovely farm near our house that has a pick-your-own section of berries and veggies, and a really nice farm shop with more produce, ice cream, and a little bakery. My husband loves to get a scone or two when we’re there and have it as a breakfast treat.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp coarse sugar
- Combine the dry ingredients -flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and cut into the dry ingredients with a pastry cutter, until the mixture resembles oatmeal.
- Wash blueberries, and stir into flour mixture.
- In another bowl, stir together the wet ingredients -half and half, egg and vanilla.
- Add the wet to the dry ingredients and combine into a dough. Split the dough in half and form each into a circle, patting it to about 3/4 inch thick. Cut each circle into 6 pieces, for a total of 12 all together. Brush the dough with a little extra cream, and then sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Spread the scones out and bake on a cookie sheet at 375 degrees for about 18 min. until golden brown.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 219Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 292mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 3g
A perfect treat with a cup of tea, and a little butter. So, so yummy.
Homemade blueberry scones seem like the perfect way to out wait this winter that won’t seem to end.
With easy blueberry scones, life really is a party.
You might also like our Nectarine and Blueberry Galette recipe here.
Also check out our Easy Food Processor Scones recipe here.
You might also enjoy our Triple Chocolate Scones recipe here.