Butter Chicken Pizza Recipe: use frozen naan bread and jarred butter chicken sauce from the grocery store, for this quick and easy butter chicken pizza recipe.
Butter Chicken is a real favourite around here… and so is pizza.
Our family loves going out for authentic Indian food, and enjoying everything cooked in a tandoori oven. My husband is of Indian descent, and our local Indian restaurant is a regular stop for us. My girls basically only order the butter chicken and have it with rice and naan bread. It is so delicious.
Butter Chicken Meets Pizza
When I saw a favourite frozen pizza brand offered a Butter Chicken Pizza we had to try it. It quickly became a family favourite, until it was discontinued. I was pretty sad when I saw it disappear from the stores.
What’s a girl to do? Make her own. And I have to say, our’s turned out even better than the frozen one we used to buy!
It’s quite simple to put together, and so yummy. If your family loves Butter Chicken and Pizza too, I’m sure they will love our Butter Chicken Pizza!
- 4 frozen naan bread
- 1 jar butter chicken sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 cups grated mozerella cheese
- fresh cilantro
- plain yogurt
- Prepare your butter chicken according to the directions on the sauce -chopping chicken in bite size pieces, cooking chicken in 1 tbsp of oil, adding sauce, and simmering. To make it more creamy, add heavy cream at the end.
- To make the carmelized onions, begin by slicing the onion. Add 1 tbsp of oil to a frying pan and sautee over a medium to low heat. Add 2 tbsp of sugar and cook until the onions are dark and soft, taking care not to burn them.
- To assemble the pizzas, place the Naan bread on a baking tray. Divide the butter chicken between the four Naan breads. Now add the carmalized onions, dividing them evenly over the 4 pizzas. Top each pizza with 1/2 cup of grated mozerella cheese.
- Bake the pizza at 400 in a pre-heated oven, for about 10 min. until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Before serving top each pizza with chopped fresh cilantro, and a drizzle of plain yogurt. Enjoy!
Serving Size:1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 840Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 160mgSodium: 1079mgCarbohydrates: 64gFiber: 3gSugar: 17gProtein: 58g
I love that this recipe uses frozen naan bread and jarred sauce so it’s quick and easy, and perfect for even a weeknight dinner. We love our authentic, tandoori oven baked Indian food, but it’s not really doable at home. Using the frozen naan bread and jarred sauce makes it quick and doable at home. Make in about the same time it would take to order and pick up take out. Pair this with a salad for a really satisfying meal.
With easy Butter Chicken Pizza Recipe, life really is a party!
Want more easy dinner inspiration? Check out my Mom’s Easy Lasagna Recipe here:
Another easy family favourite is our Tortellini and Italian Sausage Soup -recipe here.
You might also enjoy our Homemade Baked Beans recipe here.