Individual Heart Shaped Chocolate Pavlova: Easy chocolate pavlova, fill with any fruits. Perfect for Valentine’s Day dessert.
I really like pavlova. It’s a meringue dessert, topped with whipped cream and berries. Crunchy on the outside, and soft and marshmallow-y on the inside. It’s a nice light dessert, perfect after a big meal. I often make it for Christmas Day.
Since my sweet husband loves chocolate, I decided to make a chocolate version for Valentine’s Day. And since it was for heart day…I made them heart shape. You can see our Valentine’s Day Romantic Night In here, for more ideas.
And to make them extra special, and into a “heart of gold” I added some edible gold leaf. They were so, so yummy. And I wanted to share the recipe with you, in case you’re looking for a perfect Valentine’s dessert for this weekend.
- 4 egg whites
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- whipped cream
- chocolate sauce
- edible gold leaf (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 300 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. On the underside of the parchment paper, draw 8 hearts, about 4 1/2 by 4 1/2 inches each.
- In your stand mixer, beat the egg whites to stiff peaks, but not dry.
- Gradually add in the sugar, tablespoon by tablespoon, while continuing to mix, until it's thick and glossy.
- Add in the vanilla, white vinegar, cornstarch, and cocoa powder and combine well.
- Using a spoon, carefully place the mixture on the parchment paper, using the heart shape drawn on the other side of the parchment paper as a guide.
- Bake for about 40 min. until the outside is dry, but the inside is still soft. Let cool.
- Serve with whipped cream, strawberries (or any other fruit), chocolate sauce, and edible gold leaf.
With heart shaped chocolate pavlova for Valentine’s Day or any day, life really is a party!
You might also like our Donut Strawberry Shortcakes here.
Also check our our Chocolate Charcuterie Board here.
You might also enjoy our Black Forest Cake in a Mason Jar recipe here.
This post contains an affiliate link, thank you supporting Life is a Party.