Fondue Date Night: Cheese fondue & chocolate fondue recipes, plans, shopping list, & conversation starters, for easy at home date night.
It’s always nice to go out for a date night, but there’s also something extra nice about a special date night at home. Fondue is the perfect at-home date night food, enjoyed snuggled up on the sofa together with some candles lit. We put together everything you need to create the perfect at home fondue date night, including recipes, a shopping list, schedule for the night, and even table decor ideas. We’ve thought of everything, so that you don’t have to. Follow our instructions for the perfect fondue date night.
Cozy Coffee Table Date
This cozy date night works out great at a coffee table in your living room. Set things up so you can sit on the couch together or add lots of throw pillows to the floor, maybe even a cozy sheep skin. Set the stage for romance and a time of special connection with one another at a cozy and intimate table.
DIY Table Runner
If you like DIYs, use some plain craft paper to make a table runner. Use craft paint to add X’s and O’s or hearts in a simple hand drawn pattern. Or find some pretty wrapping paper to use as table runner. The runner will add a little interest to the table and be easy for clean up, since fondue can be a little drippy.
Fresh Flowers and Candles
It won’t be date night without fresh flowers, candles and chocolate. We’ve got chocolate covered with dessert. Pick up some fresh flowers and add them to the table in a pretty vase to add a little romance to the setting. Don’t forget to give the stems a fresh cut and use the flower preserve that comes witn the flowers to extend their life. Add some candles or battery powered twinkle lights to create the perfect romantic atmosphere.
Sometimes when it comes to date night at home, the hardest part is getting it organized. We’ve planned out a whole schedule for you so you know exactly what to do to get ready.
Before Date Night
- Set a date for your fondue date night and get it one the calendar.
- If you have children, make a plan for them like early bedtime, a movie in their room, or a sleepover at Grandma’s house.
- Shop for groceries.
- Don’t worry if you don’t have a fondue pot. You can serve the fondue in a bowl, and reheat it in the microwave if necessary. Or pick one up at your favourite kitchen store, look for an inexpensive one at a second hand store, or borrow one for the night.
- Print the conversation starter cards.
On Date Night
- Put on some romantic music.
- Make a cocktail or mocktail, or pour a glass of wine.
- Start cooking by roasting the potatoes, add asparagus for the last 10 min. of cooking.
- While the potatoes are cooking, put together a tray of your cheese fondue dippers.
- Prepare your chocolate fondue dippers.
- Make chocolate fondue.
- Make the cheese fondue.
- Toast the garlic bread.
- Have dinner together.
- Use the conversation cards.
- Reheat the chocolate fondue, and have dessert.
Fondue Date Night Menu
Cheese Fondue with roasted potatoes and asparagus, and other dippers.
Find our Cheese Fondue Recipe here,
Or subscribe below and download our free Fondue Date Night mini book that includes all the recipes, schedule, and grocery list.
Cheese Fondue Dippers
- green apple
- spicy salami
- garlic bread
- roasted asparagus
- roasted potatoes for our cheese fondue dippers.
The possibilities are endless. You might also like to try:
- carrot and celery sticks
- cherry tomatoes
- French bread
- gherkin pickles
- 1.5 lbs mini potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb.fresh asparagus
- Wash your mini potatoes and slice any large ones in half. Toss the potatoes with 1 tbsp of olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- To prepare the asparagus, snap the tough ends off with your fingers. Toss with 1 tbsp of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside for now.
- Roast the potatoes on a baking sheet at 425 for 10 minutes. Then turn the potatoes and continue to cook for another 10 minutes along with the asparagus, adding it to the baking sheet and cooking until both are tender .
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 440Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 326mgCarbohydrates: 73gFiber: 8gSugar: 4gProtein: 9g
Chocolate Fondue with fruit and sweets
Or subscribe below and get all the recipes, schedule, and grocery list as part of our Fondue Date Night mini book as a free download.
For our chocolate fondue dippers we used:
- chocolate chip cookies
- poke sticks
- rolled wafer cookies
- heart shaped rice krispies
- chocolate hearts
- cinnamon lip candies
Any of your favourite fresh fruits, cookies, or candies that pair well with chocolate would be a great choice. Visit the bulk store to find lots of great dippers, so you can buy a small quantity and have lots of variety. Also look for ready made cookies in the grocery store bakery section to make preparation a little easier.
Fondue Date Night Grocery Shopping List
- 8 oz. Gruyere cheese
- 8 oz. Swiss cheese
- dry mustard
- brandy (optional)
- white wine for fondue
- green apples
- 1.5 lbs mini potatoes
- olive oil
- spicy salami
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- garlic bread or baguette
- 1 1/2 cups milk or semi sweet chocolate
- 1 can condensed milk
- dippers for chocolate fondue such as: strawberries, bananas, pineapple, blueberries, pretzels, cookies, gummy candy, dried fruit, nuts
- wine, cocktail, or mocktail ingredients
- flowers for the table
Get the conversation flowing over dinner with our fun and free Conversation Starter Cards. Print these out ahead of time on your home printer, or at an office supply store and add them to the table for the night. Subscribe below for access to these free printables without the watermark in our Free Resource Library full of free printables and resources all our blog subscribers.
Subscribe For Free Fondue Date Mini Book
Want to enjoy this fondue date night. Subscribe to the blog and we’ll send you our Fondue Date Night mini book with the recipes, shopping list, schedule, conversation starters and more.
This fondue date night is a really fun one to put together, and to enjoy cooking together. The recipes are easy, and really delicious, so it won’t take hours to cook, or be difficult. Remember to plan your simple table ahead of time and have it ready, and enjoy the cooking time together with some music and drinks.
With a fondue date night at home, life really is a party!
Love Fondue? Check out our Christmas Fondue Party here.
You might also like our Caramel Apple Fondue recipe here.
Also check out our S’mores Fondue here.