DIY Flower Chandelier: Easy to make,perfect for special occasions, the fresh flowers dry beautifully too. Perfect for Valentine’s Day, weddings, or showers.
One of my favourite details from our Valentine’s Day Romantic Night In was this DIY Flower Chandelier made with fresh flowers.
It’s quite simple to make, and so pretty. It’s perfect for Valentine’s Day, but would also be lovely for a wedding, or baby shower too.
I hung the pretty fresh flower chandelier over our romantic fireside table for two.
And it was so beautiful with the fairy lights, and candles in the background.
What could be more romantic than a shower of rose buds?
So here’s how you can make one.
DIY Flower Chandelier Materials:
- Gold Ring (10 inch diameter)
- 1/4 inch wide sheer white ribbon
- 12-14 fresh roses
How To Make It:
- Cut three longish equal length ribbons and space evenly around the gold ring and tie on. Then draw the ribbons up and tie all three together in a knot, and hang at a height that will be easy to work with.
- Cut the roses with short stems, about 2 inches long.
- Tie the roses on varying lengths of ribbon and tie on to the ring, spacing them somewhat evenly, and ensuring the ring balances.
- Hang in your desired location …and remember that since the flowers are hanging upside down, they will dry beautifully, so you can enjoy this even when it isn’t fresh anymore.
I picked up the gold ring at the craft store, and the roses from Costco, so it was a fairly inexpensive project and had a lot of impact.
It looks so pretty from underneath too.
With a DIY flower chandelier, life really is a party!
You might like How To Make Giant Paper Flowers here.
Also check out our Felt Succulent Wreath here.
You might also enjoy our Valentine’s Day Wreath Ideas here.