DIY Leather Feather Necklace: Use leather, gold leaf and some gold chain to create a simple and stunning leather feather necklace.
This Leather Feather Necklace with Gold Leaf is the perfect spring accessory.
It’s really easy to make, with just a few simple supplies.
- Leather Hole Punch
- Gold Leaf
- Adhesive for Gold Leaf
- Gold Chain
- Jump Rings
- Wire Cutters
- Sewing Machine
How To Make A Leather Feather Necklace:
1. To begin with, create a feather pattern you’re happy with and use it to cut out your leather. Punch a hole in the top of the feather.
2. Apply gold leaf adhesive to the bottom of the leather feather, creating a spotty coat so that some of the leather will still show through. Wait for it to set, according to the manufactures directions, and then apply gold leaf.
3. Using a sewing machine and coordinating thread, stitch a line down and back up the centre of the feather. Pull threads through from the front to the back and tie off to finish.
4. Cut fringe along the side of the feather with sharp scissors, stopping short of your stitch line, on each side.
5. Using jump rings, add some pieces of gold chain in varying lengths to create a tassel, and then a chain.
I can’t wait to wear this pretty feather necklace with some spring outfits. It would also be great to make two and turn them into earrings.
With a Feather Necklace like this one, life really is a party!
You might also like How To Make A Leather Cuff Bracelet here.
Also check out our Macrame Feathers here.
You might also enjoy our Wood Feathers here.