Paper Water Lily
DIY Crepe Paper Water Lily -make these lilies in any colours as beautiful candle holders, and perfect The Princess and The Frog party decor.
This paper water lily is an easy to make and so beautiful as a candle holder. We used crepe paper to make ours. Crepe paper is really great for making any paper flowers, because it comes in great colours and can easily be shaped.
Our water lilies were part of the the party decor for our The Princess and The Frog Dinner and Movie Night -you can read all about it here. They were perfect for adding a swampy feeling to our table. We added some simple lily pads made out of card stock in various shades of green.
The candles we used were small glass votives. These yellow candles worked perfectly as the centres of our water lilies. Since the flowers are made of paper, we took care to use a candle in a glass holder to help reduce the risk of fire. Battery powered tea lights would be a great choice too. Never leave a candle unattended.
Paper Water Lilly
- white and pink crepe paper
- hot glue
- white and pink card stock
- hot glue gun
- large circle punch
- Cut a 2 inch circle from card stock with a large circle punch, or scissors.
- Cut 3 sets of 7 petals, with a slight point at the tip from crepe paper. Make each set slightly smaller than the last, so that there are 3 sizes of petals. Cut the petals so that the grain of the paper is running the length of the petals.
- Form each petal with your fingers by gentally pull the ridges and make each petal slightly curved.
- Use hot glue to attach the 7 largest petals to the circle around the outside.
- Next glue the middle sized set of petals in a smaller circle, inside of the first set of petals.
- Lastly glue the set of 7 smaller petals as an inner circle of petals.
- Place a small yelllow votive candle or battery powdered tea light in the centre of each flower.
These paper water lilies were the perfect touch for our The Princess and the Frog dinner and movie night. These would be a great addition to to any The Princess and the Frog party as decor. You can make them in any colours to match your party.
With these easy and beautiful DIY crepe paper water lilies, life really is a party!
This project was part of our The Princess and The Frog themed Disney Princess Dinner and Movie Night -check out all the details about the whole party here.
Disney Princess Dinner and Movie Toolkit
Love Disney Princess dinner and movie nights? Buy our Disney Princess Dinner and Movie Toolkit. The Toolkit includes 6 different Disney Princess movie nights with menus, all the recipes, inspiration, and printables for each one. Check out more about the Disney Princess Dinner and Movie Toolkit by clicking here.