Pumpkin Chocolate Truffles: easy to make and perfect for a fall dessert or for gift giving. Made with real pumpkin.
I wanted to make a little sweet for Thanksgiving this weekend, nothing too big, since we all really want to save room for pumpkin pie, but just a little special something. I decided on Pumpkin Chocolate Truffles.
These are really yummy, and the perfect treat for the chocolate lover. The pumpkin taste is subtle, but lovely.
- 4 oz. chopped semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- good pinch of salt
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tbsp soft butter
- 1/2 lb. chocolate candy coating
- 2 oz. orange chocolate candy coating
- Chop semi-sweet chocolate and set aside in a bowl.
- Combine cream, pumpkin, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a small pan, and heat over medium-high heat, stirring until smooth. Heat until mixture just starts to boil.
- Pour the hot cream mixture through a wire strainer, to remove and lumps, and into the chopped chocolate. Stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Stir in butter.
- Put plastic wrap on the surface of the chocolate and refrigerate for a couple hours. When it is firm, but not too hard, scoop and roll into balls. You can dust your hands with coco powder. I used a melon baler as the scoop.
- Chill again.
- Melt your chocolate candy coating, and dip the chilled centres.
- Melt the orange chocolate candy coating and use a ziplock bag with a tiny hole in the corner to add a drizzle to the truffles.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 147Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 29mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g
Get Our Free Easy Favourites Cookbook
We've collected some of our very favourite recipes that are easy to make and put them together in a mini cookbook. Get it free for a limited time!
The final drizzle of orange chocolate is there perfect finishing touch for pumpkin chocolate truffles.
These would be a great addition to any fall celebration. They’d also be a lovely gift.
With home made Pumpkin Chocolate Truffles, life really is a party!
You might also like our Pumpkin Bread Pudding here.
Also check out our Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispies here.
You might also enjoy our Pumpkin Blondies here.