Pumpkin Chocolate Truffles
Pumpkin Chocolate Truffles: easy to make and perfect for a fall dessert or for gift giving. Made with real pumpkin.
I wanted to make a little sweet for Thanksgiving this weekend, nothing too big, since we all really want to save room for pumpkin pie, but just a little special something. I decided on Pumpkin Chocolate Truffles.
These are really yummy, and the perfect treat for the chocolate lover. The pumpkin taste is subtle, but lovely.
Yield: 15 Truffles
Pumpkin Chocolate Truffles
Prep Time 15 minutes
Additional Time 1 hour
Total Time 1 hour 15 minutes
- 4 oz. chopped semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- good pinch of salt
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tbsp soft butter
- 1/2 lb. chocolate candy coating
- 2 oz. orange chocolate candy coating
- Chop semi-sweet chocolate and set aside in a bowl.
- Combine cream, pumpkin, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a small pan, and heat over medium-high heat, stirring until smooth. Heat until mixture just starts to boil.
- Pour the hot cream mixture through a wire strainer, to remove and lumps, and into the chopped chocolate. Stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Stir in butter.
- Put plastic wrap on the surface of the chocolate and refrigerate for a couple hours. When it is firm, but not too hard, scoop and roll into balls. You can dust your hands with coco powder. I used a melon baler as the scoop.
- Chill again.
- Melt your chocolate candy coating, and dip the chilled centres.
- Melt the orange chocolate candy coating and use a ziplock bag with a tiny hole in the corner to add a drizzle to the truffles.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 147Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 29mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g
The final drizzle of orange chocolate is there perfect finishing touch for pumpkin chocolate truffles.
These would be a great addition to any fall celebration. They’d also be a lovely gift.
With home made Pumpkin Chocolate Truffles, life really is a party!
You might also like our Pumpkin Bread Pudding here.
Also check out our Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispies here.
You might also enjoy our Pumpkin Blondies here.
aren’t you fancy with your truffles…? but they seem easy enough to tackle…thank you for joining us again…I’m always happy to hear from you…when’s coffee?
Oh my goodness…those look awesome!!! I absolutely love pumpkin and chocolate together!!! What a great treat to share for Halloween or Thanksgiving!
These look really yummy! I had a pumpkin truffle at Godiva recently and they were awesome, so if these are anything like those, I need a few dozen right now!
I love it. I am featuring you today on my blog… Thank you so much for visiting the link party 🙂
Yum! These sound and look delish! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe. Won’t you share at my party Totally Transformed Tuesday? I know my readers would love to see. http://pjhdesignsoneofakind.blogspot.com Hope to see you there. 🙂 Peggy