Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff Recipe -easy, perfect for a busy weeknight, made with all fresh ingredients (no canned soups), and delicious.
I love a good slow cooker recipe, especially on a busy week night when we’re all in a rush around here. We get home from after school gymnastic practise right at dinner time, and walking in to this all ready in the slow cooker is great. This slow cooker Beef Stroganoff is a real favourite. My kids love it, and I do too. It’s delicious and super easy.
This Beef Stroganoff cooks all day in the slow cooker. When we get home we make some yummy egg noodles to go with it and a veggie -green beans are a favourite of ours. Just before serving we stir in some delicious and oh so creamy Gay Lea Gold Premium Sour Cream (nut-free and certified Kosher).
Get Our Free Easy Favourites Cookbook
We've collected some of our very favourite recipes that are easy to make and put them together in a mini cookbook. Get it free for a limited time!
Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff Recipe
- 1 lb top round beef steak (cut into bite size strips)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 8oz package of mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 4 tsp grainy dijion mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 of a 425 ml container of Gay Lea Gold Premium Sour Cream
- Fresh chopped parsley for serving (optional)
- Egg Noodles
- In a small bowl combine the flour and beef broth slowly, and combine with a whisk to remove any lumps.
- Add the flour and beef broth to the slow cooker, along with the beef, onions, mushrooms, dried parsley, mustard, salt, pepper, and garlic and stir to combine.
- Cook on high for the first hour, then switch to low for 7 hours, or until the beef is tender.
- When it's finished, turn off the slow cooker, let stand 10 min, and then stir in the Gay Lea Gold Premium Sour Cream, and the fresh parsley.
- Serve over noodles.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 305Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 98mgSodium: 478mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 28g
You will definitely want to add this easy slower cooker recipe to your repertoire. It’s made with all fresh ingredients (no canned soups in this one), it’s quick to put together for a busy weeknight, and perfect comfort food for cold winter nights.
With this Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff Recipe, life really is a party!
Disclosure: I am part of the Gay Lea Ambassador Campaign and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.
You might also like our Butter Chicken Pizza recipe here.
Also check out our Tortellini and Italian Sausage Soup recipe here.
You might also enjoy our Unstuffed Zucchini recipe here.