Homemade Strawberry Cupcakes Recipe: made with fresh strawberries these cupcakes are beautiful, moist and delicious. Perfect for entertaining.
This strawberry cupcakes recipe is a favourite of mine. With fresh strawberries in the cake batter and the frosting they pack lots of sweet strawberry flavour.
I won’t normally choose a strawberry cupcake, but the strawberries are looking so good these days that I thought strawberry cupcakes were in order. These cupcakes are delicious, and the strawberry flavour really comes through. The frosting is light and creamy and pink.
For the Cupcakes
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh strawberries
For the Strawberry Swiss Meringue
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries
- 4 egg whites
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1½ cups unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons, at room temperature
- To make the cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners.
- Whisk together both flours, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a stand mixer cream together the butter, sugar and vanilla until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs and egg white, one at a time, beating until each is fully incorporated, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the flour in two batches, alternating with the milk, and beating until well combined. Use a rubber spatula to gently fold in the chopped strawberries by hand.
- Divide the batter evenly among the lined cups, filling each three-quarters full. Bake until golden and a cake tester inserted in centres comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Cupcakes can be stored up to 1 day at room temperature in airtight containers before frosting.
- To make the Strawberry Swiss Meringue puree the strawberries in a food processor, leaving some small chunks; set aside.
- Combine the egg whites and sugar in the heatproof bowl of a stand mixer over a pan of simmering water. Whisk constantly by hand until the mixture is warm to the touch and the sugar has dissolved (the mixture should feel completely smooth when rubbed between your fingertips).
- Attach the bowl to the mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Mix until stiff peaks form. Continue mixing until the mixture is fluffy and glossy, and completely cool (test by touching the bottom of the bowl), about 10 minutes.
- Reduce the mixer speed to medium-low and add the butter a few tablespoons at a time, mixing well after each addition. Once all the butter has been added, scrap down the sides of the bowl with a spatula and switch to the paddle attachment; continue beating on low speed until all air bubbles are gone, about 2 minutes. Add the strawberry puree and beat until combined.
- Frost cupcakes and garnish with a strawberry slice. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 262Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 126mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 3g
These cupcakes always receive rave reviews from my peeps. Some people liked that they weren’t too too sweet.
This is not the quickest recipe as the icing is multi-stepped, and takes a while. But good things always take time. If you make these, though people will be very impressed. They look beautiful, and they are very, very yummy. You will be a cupcake hero.
With a great homemade strawberry cupcakes recipe, life really is a party!
You might also like our Strawberry and Rhubarb Ice Cream recipe here.
Also check our out Donut Strawberry Shortcake recipe here.
You might also like our Strawberry Cobbler in a Mason Jar recipe here.