Caramelized Onion and Goats Cheese Tarts: an easy and delicious appetizer for entertaining.
These caramelized onion and goats cheese tarts are so delicious. They’re fancy, but quite easy to make since they use frozen puff pastry as the base.
I’m joining the Seasonal Simplicity Decemeber Series today. We’re sharing lots of great appetizer ideas for the holidays. Be sure to check out all the links to lots more recipes at the end of the post.
These are a crowd pleaser and always go quickly at a party. They’ll make a great addition to your appetizer selection. They can be served hot or room temperature. I know we’ll be making some and serving them this Christmas.
We’ve made these Caramelized Onion and Goats Cheese Tarts with regular pastry too and they’re delicious. The frozen puff pastry though is a short cut, and equally delicious.
- 3 onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 3/4 cup wine
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/3 cup goats cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking pan with parchement paper and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and saute the onion slices over low heat until softened. Add the brown sugar and cook 5 minutes more. Next add the wine and some salt and pepper to taste, and contiune simmering the onions on low stirring regulartly for about 5 minutes more, until the onions are sticky and caramelized.
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut the sheet into 16 equal squares. Use a knife to score a smaller square inside each piece, without cutting through the pastry. Separate the pieces and place them on the parchment lined baking pan and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pastry from the oven and use the back of a spoon to push down the centre of the pastry. Then fill each one with caramelized onions and about 1 teaspoon of goats cheese on top. Return them to the oven for another 10 minutes. Serve hot or room tempature.
With Caramelized Onion and Goats Cheese Tarts, life really is a party!
You might also like our recipe for Stuffed Mushrooms.
Also check out our Homemade Flatbread Crackers here.
You might also enjoy our Cheese Straws recipe here.
And today I’m joining some of my blogging friends who are also sharing their Holiday Appetizer recipes with you! Just click on the links below the pictures to be taken to their full recipe.
Easy Cranberry Brie Tarts at The DIY Mommy
Christmas Tree Charcuterie Board at Cassie Bustamante
Carmelized Onion and Goat Cheese Tarts at Life is a Party
Swiss Cheese Bacon and Beer Dip at Clean & Scentsible
Snowman White Cheese Ball at Tatertots and Jello
3 Ingredient Stuffed Mushrooms at My Sweet Savannah
Easy Christmas Pinwheels Festive Holiday Appetizer at This is Our Bliss
Festive Bacon Wrapped Chestnut Holiday Appetizer at Kim Power Style
Red Pepper Jelly and Cream Cheese Appetizer at She Gave it a Go