This recipe is a real family favourite. These Cinnamon-Raisin Biscuits are pretty quick, and easy -we often make them on a Saturday morning for breakfast. My girls love the sweet taste, especially warm from the oven, but my husband and I love them because they’re an old Weight Watcher’s recipe only 3 ww.pts+ per biscuit. I love something so yummy, that doesn’t leave you feeling too naughty.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cold butter
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 4 tbsp icing sugar
- 2 tsp skim milk
- Combine the dry ingredients -flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a mixing bowl and use a whisk to combine.
- Cut in the butter, until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Stir in the raisins.
- Stir in the milk and form the mixture into a dough.
- Divide the dough in half to form two balls. Flatten each ball into a disk on a floured board. Cut each disk into 4 -so make a total of 8.
- Bake at 400 for 12 min. until golden brown.
- To make the glaze, combine icing sugar with 2 teaspoons of skim milk. Once the biscuits are slightly cool, drizzle with glaze and enjoy.
I love the specks of cinnamon and juicy raisins, and the sweet glaze is the perfect touch.
With a guiltless treat like these and a hot cup of tea, life really is a party!