Felt Play Food Christmas Cookies: use cookie cutters to make patterns and embellish with beads and faces to make the cutest felt play food.
It’s so fun to make handmade beautiful things, especially for Christmas. These Felt Play Food Christmas Cookies will delight any children on your Christmas list this year.
When my girls were little they loved playing with felt food, and now these are the perfect holiday gift for the little ones in my life. They’re very easy to make, and their little faces are sure to make them a hit with any shopkins fans in your life.
Get Our Free Christmas Cookbook
We've collected some of our very favourite Christmas recipes and but them together in a mini cookbook. Get it free for a limited time!
Felt Play Food Christmas Cookie Materials:
- assorted colors of felt
- Christmas cookie cutters to use as patterns
- beads to use as sprinkles
- white and black embroidery cotton
How To Make Felt Play Food Christmas Cookies:
1. Use Christmas cookie cutters to make a pattern for your felt cookies.
2. Cut out two light brown felt shapes as the cookie front and back, and then colored “icing” pieces, slightly smaller than the cookie pieces.
3. Start the sewing with adding the face. Cut two small black felt eyes, and pink felt cheeks. Use the white embroidery cotton and stitch one french knot as the center for each eye. Next is the mouth stitched with black embroidery cotton using the backstitch. I found it really helpful to use a disappearing marker (you can find at the fabric store) to mark the mouth and get just the right expression before stitching.
4. Add any other embellishments, like bead “sprinkles”. Next, sew the “icing” to the cookie piece. Then, sew the the cookie pieces together using the blanket stitch. Leave a small hole for the stuffing. Once it’s lightly stuffed, stitch up the hole and your cookie is finished.
These are perfect for little ones to enjoy their own Christmas tea parties over the holidays.
I made a few different cookies: a bell, a star, a Christmas tree, a candy cane, a stocking, and a little Christmas pudding.
The most fun is choosing all the different expressions on their cute little faces.
These would make the perfect handmade gift for the holidays.
Happy sewing! With homemade Felt Play Food Christmas Cookies, life really is a party!
You might also like our Felt Chocolate Chip Cookies tutorial here.
Also check out our Felt S’mores tutorial here.
You might also enjoy our Felt Mushrooms here.